注目の話題
自分から距離置きたがったくせに
20代のお姉さん
店員が水分補給してたら怒りますか?

A diary in English

レス500 HIT数 23273 あ+ あ-

蚤野心蔵( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )
10/05/15 12:29(更新日時)

I'll keep a diary in English from now on.

I want be a splend English speaker someday,absolutely.

Though I'm not a wondeful English speaker yet, so I'm afraid I will be a lot of mistakes,but please don't make fun of me,I can't help it, but I'll be a wonderful English speaker someday!! Maybe😥

Here we go👍

タグ

No.1156994 09/11/22 04:56(スレ作成日時)

新しいレスの受付は終了しました

投稿順
新着順
主のみ
付箋

No.351 10/02/22 20:03
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

The liquid crystal television Ⅳ

We found it difficult to turn the liquid crystal television big when it was sold,but some maker announced a trial product one at the end in 2006 ,so being large of the television proved to be possible technically.📺

The liquid crystal makes a remarkable progrdss technically like that, so the material is adopted in such various area as TV,cellphone, PC and monitor at present and it will be used in the wide variety.📺

By the way, I've tried to say about the liquid crystal television so far, but I don't have an expertise about it any more ,so I can't sometimes understand my own expressions,for I'm afraid I've never seen the television.Even if I've seen it before, I'm afraid I couldn't recognized it the TV.😔

I'm sure I have to be responsible for my remarks at least, so I will say about it inplain English some day.😳

To be continued.By😁

No.352 10/02/22 22:09
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

Taking a picture a screen of a TV which is on

Lots of people have the experience that they couldn't take the good pictures of the image of which the TV is on.The cause of it is the scanning lines.📺

The scanning lines mean thin 525 ones which lie on the screen from side to side of the TV,so the lines which belong to the steps of the odd number and the ones which belong to the steps of the even number show by turn every one sixtieths of a second,they reflect the whole image on the screen.😲

In short,it takes one thirtiths of a second to change from one image to another,so if the speed of taking picture of the screen is slower than one thirtieths of a second,we will end up taking picture of some black lines.😣

We have to fix the camera with a three-ldgged stool and to click the speed of the shutter more quickly than one thirtieth of a second to avoid the black lines.📷

To be continued. By😁

No.353 10/02/22 23:11
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

Taking a picture of a screen of the TV which is on Ⅱ and etc.

When taking the picture,we need to turn off a light in the room to prevent the light from reflecting,in addition,without using a flash,we should use a high-speed film.📷

By the way, I'm in a what is called net cafe,for I don't have PC,so whenever I want to know something,I'm forced to make use of this place.💻

I wanted to investigate the PDP and the liquid crystal television,but it's just that I find it impossible, for the description about them is specialized.😱

Considering my scholastic ability about science, it seems to be reckless to say those kinds of technology in English,but I regret it

No.354 10/02/23 01:19
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A digital camera

There is a feeling that only the maniac people use the camera with the film due to the digital camera which suddenly becomes a leading part in the camera counter in these years.📷

Even the old can use the digital camera easily in the everyday life and it's compact ,so naturally it's popular.The digital ones turn a stationary image into an electric signal and it can rdmain the image.👍

The great difference between the digital camera and the others with which we use the film is we don't have to develop concerning the digital ones, and can watch the image with the part of the liquid crystal which the camera has at once.

The information of the image which we take picture is delivered to the memory card and we almost adopt the style of JEPG.

To be continued.By😁

No.355 10/02/23 14:09
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

The digital camera Ⅱ

The form of the JEPG can condense the data of the image, so it has a strong point that the amount of the data becomes light.📷

It's just that the difference about which the users find like that, but the decisive difference between the digital camera and the others with the films is a part of an image sensor which the digital ones have.📷

There are two kinds of the sensor ,so the light through the lens makes a figure, and the electron is produced and becomes the signal of electric.The figure of the light turns into the signal of the image by this work.😃

The size of the sensors are often smaller than the film of 35㎜,and in general,the more the instrument which receive image,the better the color of the image and the sensitivity of the camera are.😃

The sensor is learning to adopt for the camera of the cellphone and for a single-lens reflex ones.📷

To be continued.By😁

No.356 10/02/23 15:14
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An emulsifier

There are lots of indications such on the food additives as the confectionery and sweet rolls.Emulsify means changing into a milky liquid.😃

For example,let's suppose there are two kind of things which aren't blended with each other easily,water and oil.Turning the one into the situation of the particle and dispersed it into the other.It's the emulsification.😁

An emulsifier has each part in its particle which is easy to melt into the oil and the water,so it becomes easy to melt the two things each other.😃

In the emulsifier,some suppress a whip, but the others promote the whip,so when making tofu, we use the emulsifier which isn't easy to whip,on the other hand, when making a shortcake and bun,we adopt the emulsifier which is easy to whip, so it swell the air in the those things.🍰

Some other ones change the structure of the starch and turn it into the thing which isn't easy to hard.😃

To be continued. By😁

No.357 10/02/23 17:04
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

What we call PASMO and SUICA

The common card, PASMO,which we can use both for the bus and the train appeared at March in 2007, so we were able to learn to change the transport facilities, and the congestion in the ticket office reduces.🚌

The PASMO and the others to which are similar are a kind of IC card. The card is the one into which the system is introduced,the type without touching.🚃

The card which is the type without touching is similar to the IC tag,concerning the function,but the type without touching ones have lots of functions, and the IC chip which is the brain of the card has a lot of amount capacity of memory and it can calculate a complicated questions,in addition it can read and write.😲

I will explain the mechanism of the card into which the system is introduced to you.Inside the card, there are the part of an antenna and a brain,so the antenna one read the information which is sent from an automatic ticket gate.

No.358 10/02/26 14:15
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

What we call PASMO and SUICAⅢ

Then the antenna one absorbs the electricity and it becomes the power source.On the other hand, the IC chips have a role of the brain and manages the money left over and the memory of the data of the term of the validity.👍

The automatic ticket gate has also both of the same function,so the antenna sends and receives the information,supplying the electricity with the card,the brain treats the data of the adjusted amount of the money.🚃

The feature of these cards are the function of saving the money and of an electric money.We can use the card which saving the money by advance payment at the convenience stores and the stands in the stations and using those cards comes to a possibility at the shop of the large volume sales.😲

Moreover, the cards with the function of credit and the ones joined hands with the airline and the cellphone into which the same function of SUICA is incorporated are.🏪

To be continued. By😁

No.359 10/02/26 15:07
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

What we call PASMO and SUICAⅡ and etc.

We expect that those cards aren't only used for the transportation facilities but also develop in various areas.😃

By the way, I made a mistake. The number of the title of my last response is Ⅲ.I should have said Ⅱ, for unless I adopt the number,it means I leave out the number but I did.😔

I'm not always methodical in my everyday life but I should be more careful when writing English,even if almost none of people read my English.😔

By the way, I was injured when riding on my scooter.To my joy,my injury is getting better. The doctor allowed me to drink. I couldn't drink at all for about a month.I'm afraid I may have to drink completely,though I can't🍺

Yesterday it was a payday. To my joy, it was much more than I expected, so I'm wondering go for a drink.😍

It seems that the neon sign in the amusement quarter tempts me to come to the place,though it's just that my imagination😂

To be continued. By😁

No.360 10/02/27 05:42
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An electric money

The function of an electri money give a variety of the cards.There are two kinds of it, one type of IC card in which the data of the monetary value keeps the record into into the IC chips and the other is the network in which the software of the data of the monetary value is incorporated at PC and we settle an account by the network.😃

Concerning the type of the electric money of the IC card,we can pay up with ease by saving the money in the card and the typical one is EDY, though we could use it only one area of Tokyo in the beginning,we can use it at the hotels and the amusement park as well as at the convenience store and the restaurant.🏪

SUICA and ICOCA which are sold by the JR are the electric money of the IC card.☝

As to the type of the network,the money which we use is paid from the credit card and the bank account that we already save,so it's indispensable when we buy something in the internet.💻

No.361 10/02/27 06:41
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An electric money Ⅱ

We can say the electric money turn the monetary value into the electric data.The electric money has strong points. It's convenient and easy to handle. As for the credit cards,we can't often use it at a retail store and the work of the confirmation and the procedure are tiresome, but we don't have to worry about it when we use the electric money.😉

When buying something on the internet, if we use a credit card,there will be the danger of using illegally by leaking information,but we don't have to worry about it with the electric money of the style of the network.🙌

In short,the electric money makes up for the way of settling an account of the point at issue wha it used to be and the way becomes easy to handle,so it's the style of settling the account keeping up with the age of the internet.🙆

To be continued. By😁

No.362 10/02/27 11:00
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An electronic money Ⅲ and etc.

An indification of a student and a member of the staff which have the function of the electronic money appear and the the amount of the money which we can save increases,and the Minister of Finance makes a haste the arrangement of the law about the electronic money, so considering how convenient it's, it'll spread out much in our daily life.😃

By the way,I made a mistake again.I often said 「electric money」, but I should have said 「electronic money」.Sorry😱

By the way, I'm wondering if I drink from now on, but I need to make an appetizer.It's getting warmer all of a sudden,so there seems to be what we call new vegetable in the supermarket. For instance,the new onion,potato,cabbage,and burdock and so on.In addition,the edible wild plants is in season.I'm going to go to the supermarket and get something to eat and……🍺

To be continued.By😁

No.363 10/02/27 14:18
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An optical fiber

An optical fiber is the cable of the communication which lets the light pass through, and it's made from such a fine fiber as glass and plastic.😃

Let's suppose it were macaroni.The part of the hole is the core which is the way of the light and the part which is surrounding around it is crad(I'm not sure of the spell of crad.Thotgh I looked up it in my Japanese-English dictionary, but there isn't.)and the light is shut in it.☝

The glass of a high degree of purity is adopted for those two things, but it doesn't always mean the same things are used for it.In the process of the manufacture,the element of it is changed ,so the refractive index of the crad is small😃

These two things are very fine ,so a diameter of the core is no more than 10 micron and the crad is just that no more than 125 micron. By the way,micron is one thousandth of a millimeter.😊

To be continued.By😁

No.364 10/02/27 15:19
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An optical fiber Ⅱ

These two things of the core and crad is glass matter ,so it has strength for be pulled, but it's easy to be broken and fragile.The surface of it is covered with a thin film of the plastic,then it's bound with a fiber of aramid and in the end the cover of the plastic prevents it from being broken.🌟

The optical fiber becomes commodity,protected with several things like those,even if we bind a hundred of it into sheaves,it's just that the diameter of it is no more than 5㎜,so we can understand how thin it is.☀

To communicate with the very fine optical fiber,we turn the electric signal of the computer into the one of the light with the laser beam, and transmit the data through the optical fiber.🎆

As to the nature of gathering and bundling, the light of the laser is excellent,so it goes straight endlessly.😃

To be continued. By😁

No.365 10/02/27 17:20
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An optical fiber Ⅲ

The refractive index of the crad is a little smaller than that of the core, so if the optical fiber is bent,all the light of the laser which runs in the core reflect and it's gathered up into the center of the core.☀

One of the feature of the optical fiber is transmitting lots of information at once, and it became possible due to the use of the signal of pulse.👍

The pulse is flashing the light on and off ,so we show the signal which emit in the place where it's set apart in number, according to the size of it at that time. It means that we use the binary system.☀

It's the way of the digital in which there are only two kinds of number,「1」 and 「2」, so when emitting the light is 「1」 and when not emitting is 「2」😃

Flashing the light on and off that these kinds of the two numbers are combined with comes true as switching the light on and off the laser of a semiconductor and transmit with the optical fiber.😺

No.366 10/02/27 18:24
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

An optical fiber Ⅳ

The receiving set receives the flashing on and off with the photodiode and turns it into the electric signal,so read the information.

This flashing on and off, it means transmitting the signal of the pulse becomes quicker because of the optical fiber.🌟

It is possible for the optical fiber to transmit the data for a super long distance,concerning the speed of the communication,it's by far quicker than the cable in the past.😲

Moreover, the study for a high speed is active, so it seems that the progress of the optical fiber spreads out without end.👏

Thd word of 「Photodiode」 is the device of a semiconductor which functions the same work with a phototube. It's made with some crystal. The working area of it is large and stable without a power source of an outside, so it's used for the instrument which analyses a spectrum,an exposure meter and a light pen.😊

By the way,I feel tired a little. It may be just my imagination.

No.367 10/02/27 19:22
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk about the article of 「a」 and 「the」

I've tried to talk about the technology in plain English, but I find it difficult,for it seems to be hard to explain it to you without a basic knowledge of the technology, so I've decided to change the topic for a while.😣

When talking about some topics, I've been worried about these articles ,so there is an expression of it in my dictionary, so I'm going to say it in English. As to the technology, I will do it after these descriptions.😃

Even if we try to say a Japanese sentence in English exactly as it is, we can't pull it off with ease.For example,let's look at the next sentences.I say it exactly as it is.😃

1× I have to buy new (pen).

2× Would you hand me (pen) next to (telephone.)

3× This is (pen) I bought yesterday.

All these three sentences are in the wrong as an English. The parts of a problem are the places of (). 😃

To be continued.By😁

No.368 10/02/28 13:27
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk about the article of a and the Ⅱ

These parts are single noun or a pattern of an adjective + noun,new pen. As for a pronoun, I will say it later.I will correct those those sentences.😃

1 I have to buy( a new pen).

2 Would you hand me (the pen) next to (the telephone?)

3 This is( the pen) I bought yesterday.

This is( a pen) I bought yesterday.

We can find that a or the add to the part of ().We call these things the article.When starting to study English, we remember them at first, but at the same time,they are a barrier when improving English ability.☝

In fact they aren't always so difficult, for even a three years old infant where it lives in the English-speaking world can use the right word in the right place.👶

It means that there should be something simple which even the infant can understand concerning the articles.😃

To be continued.By😁

No.369 10/02/28 14:47
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk about the article of 「a」 and 「the」

There are the explanations about the article that we have to put 「a」 to a thing which becomes a first topic or we need to use 「the」 for a thing which we said before as a commentary of the article of 「a」 and 「the」😃

Actually the native speakers don't worr about them in the least ,so they use the right article in the right place unconsciously.

It seems that the articles are the same as the particles of Japanese,「は」 「が」 and so on.🇬

Even if we ask the native speakers a difference between 「a」 and 「the」,we can't get a persuasive answer than we expect.😔

Let's suppose what it is hard to say the difference of the article were a locomotive and I will express it. Let's suppose the expression were for a person who doesn't know about the locomotive.🚇

To be continued.By😁

No.370 10/03/02 00:56
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk about the article of 「a」 and 「the」Ⅳ

The trains are coupled on to a locomotive. The locomotive is usually a first part of the trains,so the locomotive is sometimes the last part of the trains when they back up, but it's sometimes at the middle place of them. Sometimes there isn't any locomotive,for it's separated from the trains.When being a lot of trains,the number of the locomotives are two,but when not being so many trains,the number of the engine are two. Sometimes there is only the locomotive(s). It's a single or they are one more sometimes.🚇

When listening to the explanation,can we understand what the locomotive is. It doesn't always mean the explanation is in the wrong but an essential expression what kinds of the part it plays is left out.😔

No.371 10/03/02 22:56
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk about the article of 「a」 and 「the」Ⅴ

If we add an explanation that the locomotive is a source of a power which can move the trains to the sentences,we can decide an order of the trains and the locomotive.🚃

We don't have to express the rule of the order of them that「 the locomotive is a first part of the trains」 or 「the locomotive is sometimes the last part of the trains」 and the ones which listen to the explanation become easy to understand.👍

By the way,as for the relation between 「a」 and 「the」, I'm afraid we may receive the explanation which comes under the sentence that 「the locomotive is the very first part of the trains」,so it is natural for us to be confused about it.😣

From now on, I will express the explanation which falls under that the locomotive is the source of the power which can move the train,it means the roll the role of 「a」 and 「the」😃

To be continued.By😁

No.372 10/03/03 00:05
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A role of 「a」 and 「the」.A sign of a noun.

As you know,nouns show such a variety of things which are in the world as a pen,cat and star, but concerning the pen,there are lots of the pen which we can't count,so all of them are the pens, but each of them is different naturally.😃

When talking with a friend,we sometimes say the word of the pen.For example,we use the word like that.

「I like a black pen」 or 「I have to buy a new pen」☀

By the way, I will have a hard time tomorrow when working,in addition, I can't say the sentences which I want to in English. I'm afraid it'll take lots of time to say it, but I can't, for I have to go to bed and fall asleep fast,though it seem to be impossible.I will have difficulty in working tomorrow. Good night🌠

No.373 10/03/05 04:50
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A role of 「a」 and 「the」. A sign of a nounⅡ

I'm not worried about the pen whether or not there are lots of kinds of the things in the world.It means that I like a black pen whichever it's black, or I'm going to go to buy a pen, but I don't decided to buy which one.☝

Contrary to it,「Return my pen to me」 or 「The pen is Taro's」,when saying these kinds of things, it's important for us to show which one, for unless we realize them definitely,our opinions clash with others or we're confused of them.😱

We need to put a word of 「the」 or 「my」 and to show you that we indicate which one in order to avoid misunderstanding.😃

We call those kinds of the words 「A sign of a noun」. As a road sign show the drivers an necessary information,「A sign of the word」 show us the thing which belongs to a place where i t's, or to a person who it's,so our talk becomes smooth.🙋

To be continued.By😁

No.374 10/03/05 08:23
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A role of 「a」 and 「the」.A sign of a nounⅢ

There are lots of the word of a sign in every language in the world, but according to the language,the information which the word of the sign gives and the time when it's needed are different from each other.😃

「a」 and 「the」 belong to the word of the sign.「The」 gives people an information that the word shows all of them which one definitely.We use the word of 「the」 as it's, and it doesn't change in the least.☀

「a」 gives them an information that it doesn't show all of them which one claearly,or it doesn't have to do it. It means that 「a」 shows only one of them,but we can't recognize it prcisely, and we don't have to.「a」 turns into 「an」 in front of a vowel.😺

Let' look at the three examples once again.

1 I have to buy a new pen.

2 Would you hand me the pen next to the telephone?

3 This is the pen I bought yesterday.

This is a pen I bought yesterday.

To be continued.By😁

No.375 10/03/07 18:53
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A role of 「a」 and 「the」.The word of a signⅣ

It's a question, for we should show you this kind of information when to indicate, we can find a great difference between Japanese and English.☝

In the case of Japanese, as long as we recognize each of them precisely what it shows,according to a circumstance and a course of a talk,we don't need indicate it definitely.😃

We usually omit such the pronoun as 「I私」 and 「youあなた」 as long as we recognize it exactly.It would be troublesome if we used all the pronoun.😣

On the other hand,in the case of English,whenever a thing appears in their talk,we need to put the word of the sign.In short,「the」 shows the people who speak English that it's clear for them and 「a」 shows them that it's not definite for them.Moreover when talking English,we need always to use all the pronoun.☀

To be continued.By😁

No.376 10/03/07 19:15
匿名376 

Hello😃

No.377 10/03/07 19:46
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk of William tell.「a」 and 「the」 shows exactly what's happened.

When William Tell would not bow down to 「Gessler's cap」, Gessler became furious. (He) took 「an apple」 from 「his shirt」,placed (it) on 「William Tell's son's head」 and command (him) to shoot 「the apple」 off.William Tell aimed 「his crossbow」 and fired.「The arrow」 hit 「the apple」♐

These sentences are the ones in a story of William Tell which becomes simple.I put 「」 to all the noun and the word of the sign except for the ones of the person and put () to the pronoun.The word which are connected with "a" and "the" are apple and arrow ,so I will talk about them at first.🍎

An apple from which Gessler took is put "a" to it. It means that in this case of "a" isn't clear for them,for it's not definite for both we readers and the author which apple it's and it's not necessary for us to show it clearly.😃

To be continued.By😁

No.378 10/03/07 19:57
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

Hello 匿名さん。You are welcome.I'm happy to receive your message🙌

今日は、ようこそ‼あなたからのメッセージはとても嬉しいです😁

No.379 10/03/08 20:32
名無し379 ( ♀ )

横スレsorry.

I like Engilh!
But I’m a beginner.

応援しています。
Fight!

No.380 10/03/08 23:04
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

To 名無し379さん

Thank you for your message. I'm grateful to you very much. I think it's just that I'm a beginner,but without speaking English, I find it impossible to improve my English ability.😔

If not being able to speak English at all, it remains an middle aged man who is addicted to drinking,so I'm forced to speak English. I hope you aren't offend.Though I'm going to lose my aim and passion about English, I'm encouraged with your message.Thank you very much.💪

メッセージありがとうございます。感謝します。自分もただの初心者ですが、話さないで英語を上達するのは、無理だと思います😔

もし、自分が英語を全く話せなければ、飲んだくれの中年男が後に残るだけ、だから英語を話さないわけにはいかない、という事です。気分を悪くしないでいただきたいと思います。🙏

英語を学ぶ目的、情熱を失いつつあるけれど、あなたのメッセージで元気が出ました。ありがとう😁

No.381 10/03/08 23:48
名無し379 ( ♀ )

Thank you!
I’m glad to see you.

You looks gentle man ,are’n you?

I wii continue to read
your dialy from now on.

I’m looking forward to renewal next sentences.

Meny thanks!

間違いすみません💦😫

No.382 10/03/08 23:50
幸せ者382 ( ♀ )

Hi,Shinzo✋
My name is Mika🌷
Nice to see(?笑)you~❗😊/
I'm very impressed to your thread👍
Because, it was for the first time!!to seeing such a English thread like yours❗
I like English very much,too⤴
So Good luck👍🎆for you to improve your Englirh skill 🔍💪✨😉

No.383 10/03/09 00:12
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

To 名無し379さん

Thank you for your message.I regrdt I'm not always a gentleman as you expect.😥

As a matter of course,English is a method with which people communicate, but in my case, I'm afraid it's just that I talk to myself, so I'm happy,for I can have a person like you who listens to my tedious talk.😊

Thanks to you, I'm sure I can enjoy keeping a my diary.Thank you very much.😁

No.384 10/03/09 00:33
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

Thank for your message,Mika. To hear your remark, I'm very happy,for almost all of the people don't send me the message lately😣

To converse with others in English is good for me to improve my English diary,in addition,to talk with others is great fun.😁

I'm grateful to you.Thank you very much.🙏

No.385 10/03/09 11:36
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk of William Tell.「a」 and 「the」show us exactly what's happened.Ⅱ

In this case,we don't have to say that each of the apple is all right in Japanese. It means that we don't need to say 「a」 or「an」 in English,but we can show them the word of some one thing.😃

After that,it means the sentence of "He took an apple from his shirts",the word of "apple" appears two times,and both of them are put the word of "the" that shows which ones they are.Please look at the sentences in this title of Ⅰ.☝Though I can't remember the number of it precisely, it's not so far from this one.🙏

It means the apple is the one which Gessler took from his shirt and put it on the son of William Tell.🍎

The word of 「the」 is added to the word of the 「arrow」, and it's clear it shows us which arrow. It's the arrow that William tell fired with his crossbow♐

To be continued.By😁

No.386 10/03/09 18:31
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk of William Tell.「a」 and 「the」 show us exactly what' happened Ⅲ

As we see,we use 「a」 and 「the」 in the right place,not by the rule that it appears in our subject for the first time,or the thing which we spoke before, but according to the contents of the talk,it means the situation.😃

If we can use 「a」 and 「the」 with a feeling whether or not the thing is clear between us and someone to talk to,we'll be able to learn to use English more naturally.😊

The content of the talk will change greatly by using which words,「a」 or 「the」.For example,let's suppose we changed the last sentence 「The arrow hit "the apple"」 into 「The arrow hit "an apple"」.🍎

The apple which the arrow shot wasn't the one. It wasn't the clear one for us.It means that "an apple" wasn't the one which Gessler took from his shirt and put on the head of the son of William Tell.It means "an apple" was the one which produced in a tree,or the one which showed in a shop,uncertain one.

No.387 10/03/10 18:21
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk of William Tell.「a」 and 「the」 shows us exactly what's happenedⅣ

As to the unexpected turn which "a" brought about,considering the situation and the course of the talk,we can't understand it ,so when saying it in English precisely we should say like that.

矢が 「どこかの」 リンゴに命中した😲

In addition,if the order which Gessler gave to William Tell isn't 「Shoot "the apple" off」 but 「Shoot "an aplle" off」,William Tell needn't have run the risk that he shoot the apple which put on the head of his son.😲

It means that if taking from another uncertain one, and putting it on a stone or chair and shooting it off,it will be all right.👍

Moreover,if the last sentence is 「"An arrow" hit the apple」, it will mean that the arrow isn't the one which William Tell shot off,but another one,we can't recognize it precisely who shot it off.😣

To be continued.By.😁

No.388 10/03/11 18:58
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk of William Tell.「a」 and 「the」 show us exactly what's happenedⅤ

If the sentence is 「"An arrow" hit "an apple"」, it will mean that the arrow which was somewhere hit the apple which was somewhere ,so as a result, a situation which isn't related to William Tell at all is made-up.😣

In addition,there is something important which we have to be careful about the use of the word of 「a」 and 「the」.☝

For example,let's suppose we changed the sentence 「Gessler took "an apple" from his shirt」 into the other sentence 「Gessler took "the apple" from his shirt」😃

「The」 which is put to the word of the apple should show the readers and the writer what it's clear for them, but the readers are sure to be confused about the apple which suddenly appeared.They are in confusion like that.「I can't recognize the apple😥」

In consequence, we are often apt to put the word of 「the」 to the place where we put the word of 「a」.

To be continued.By😁

No.389 10/03/11 19:50
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A talk of William Tell.「a」 and 「the」 show us exactly what' happened Ⅵ and etc.

We Japanese which loves the word of 「the」 is absorbed in using the article too much to find what the words of 「a」 and 「the」 show.😱

By the way I become hungry. To make matters worse,when wanting to eat something,at the same time, I'm liable to drink desperately.😥

Generally speaking,a little something to drink is the best medicine, it will be all right if I drink a little.It doesn't always mean I love drinking,though it doesn't mean I hate it.😚

Without drinking, I should study English harder, I thought like that many times, I can't put it into practice. What should I do?😔

Oh, it occurred to me a good idea. I'm going to stop drinking from tomorrow.🙌

To be continued.By😁

No.390 10/03/12 20:18
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A thing which we always have to say vs a thing which we don't have to say it one by one.

Let's see the other word of sign and pronoun except for the word of 「a」 and 「the」 in the story of William Tell.There are five signs of possession in the story.😃

Three of them are 「Gessler's cap」,「 William Tell's son」,「son's head」, and they are important concerning the content of the story,so they were translated into Japanese.😃

On the other hand,another two are 「He took an apple from" his" shirt」 and 「William Tell aimed "his" crossbow」, and the words weren't translated into Japanese,though when speaking English,we have to say the word ,for we have to show the shirt and crossbow to which they belong.😃

Instead of his,if we put another word of 「a」,it means that the one which belongs to some other person or a crossbow which isn't clear for us at all ,so in consequence,the story end up becoming the one which doesn't make sense.😣

To be continued.By😁

No.391 10/03/13 13:48
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A thing which we always have to say vs we don't have to say it one by one Ⅱ

If we add 「the」 to crossbow,it means the crossbow which is clear for both the readers and the writer.In a sense,the shirt and crossbow which belong to is clear, but the word of 「the」doesn't mean the possession,so if saying 「the shirt」 or 「the crossbow」,as I told you before,the readers are sure to end up being confused.Therefore we're forced to use the word of sign,「his」😃

When translating those English into Japanese, it is definite that the shirt and crossbow belong to the persons,so it's all right if we say theirs, but when speaking Japanese,if we recognize which one clearly,according to the situation and the course of the talk,we don't have to say it one by one.It means that we don't have to translate it into Japanese.There is the next part of the story of William Tell.We can say the same thing.😉

I'll say it next time.😃

To be continued.By😁

No.392 10/03/13 15:45
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A thing which we always have to say vs we don't have to say it one by one Ⅲ

Gessler became furious.「He」=Gessler took an apple from his shirt,placed 「it」=the apple on William Tell's son's head and commanded 「him」=William Tell to shoot the apple off.🍎

These three pronoun which is showed with 「」 are definite for us to recognize that they show us which one,considering the course of the talk,so we don't have to say it in Japanese one by one.😃

If we try to say all the English words one by one exactly, I'm afraid it would be long-winded.😣

When speaking English,whenever a thing appears in our talk,we have to show it the others with the word of sign or pronouns.Judging from the feeling of Japanese,it seems to be complicated so much.

On the contrary,if speaking or writing English with the feeling of Japanese,because of lacking of the information, I'm afraid we can't understand what it means in the least😥

To be continued.By😁

No.393 10/03/15 22:43
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

A thing which we always have to say vs the thing which we have to say one by oneⅣ and etc

As to the English way that we always have to say it and the Japanese way that we don't have to say it one by one, it's not a question whether or not which is right,but it's their rules,not to say their customs.😃

We're forced to get used to using the words of the sign which means 「a」 and 「the」 and the pronoun and master them cowpletely in order to speak English exactly.🔤

By the way, whenever I keep this English diary, I can write down about 1.000 letters. When finishing my topic,sometimes there is much space where I can express more than 500 letters.I think it's wasteful,so I make it a rule to describe something,though most of the people may call me a miser.😣

About 500 letters are unfinished. I'm afraid it's too short to express my thought. I cnn't help it.😔

No.394 10/03/19 16:52
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

How to use the words of 「a」 and 「the」

I'll show you when to use the words of 「a」 and「the」 with some concrete examples.We use 「a」 when we say what kind of thing it's or what kind of situation it's.😃

This is a pen.

When changing the word of the pen into plural,we have to say like that.

These are pens.

We don't use the word of sign,「some」.😃

I've exprdssed the things about the articles,「a」 and 「the」, but it's just that I say the things which are written at the end of my dictionary, so I can't always understane why we don't use 「some」 in the sentence.😔

There are two sentences. One is 「These are pens.」 and the other is 「These are some pens.」 Strictly speaking,there is a subtle difference in nuance between the two sentences, but I can't make it out at all.😥

I'm going to show you the other examples.

「What kind of animal is that?」「It's "a" meercat」

「That man over there is "a" doctor, and the woman with him is "a" nurse」

No.395 10/03/19 17:55
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

How to use the words of 「a」 and 「the」 Ⅱ

The information which 「a」 gives us are naturally the things which exist as an individual. It means that the use of 「a」 is limited such the countable nouns as the pen,cat,doctor,nurse and so on.😺

We can't use the article for the thing which doesn't exist as the individual. It means that the article aren't used for such the uncountable nouns as water,air,flour and iron.😃

In addition, the article and 「~s」,which means plural,aren't used for such the uncountable noun as rice.When counting the number of then,we use the weight and amount of them and we show the others how much they are.😃

This is water [silver,rice]

For example,when indicating the word which is written in the dictionary or written on the blackboard and saying 「This is…」,we don't use 「a」. 😲

It means that then the speaker says this is the spelling of the cat.😸

To be continued.By😁

No.396 10/03/20 11:32
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

How to use the words of 「a」 and 「the」 Ⅲ

When being a variety of such the things as a pen,videotape,cassete tape and some confectionery on the table and asking the others to bring one of them,we say like the next one.😃

Would you hand me 「the」 pen?

In this case,the meaning of clear is the same one which is limited to the one in the situation.😃

The case in which we show the others the one thing from the same kind of ones,we use 「a」😃

Would you hand me "a" pen? Or if turning the word of the pen into plural,we should say some pens.😺

In this case, the words of 「a」 and 「some」 mean each of them is all right in nuance.In short,when adopting 「a」 and 「the」,there isn't a rule which is separated from reality,but how to use 「a」 and 「the」 mean how to understand the situation and acutuality, or mean how to arrange them.😃

I will show you another example.

Would you bring me a chair from the kitchen?

To be continued.By😁

No.397 10/03/20 16:17
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

How to use the words of 「a」 and 「the」Ⅳ

The example means that there are the chairs in the kitchen and we only have to bring one of the chairs. Each of them is all right. In this case,we can understand the situation of the kitchen before we go there.If turning the word of 「chair」 into plural, we should say 「Would you bring me some chairs from the kitchen.」The word of 「some」 means each of them is ok and they are several things.😃

Though I couldn't understand the difference between the two sentences.

There are the chairs.

There are some chairs.

The former are the limited ones and the latter aren't.👍

By the way, I went for a drink with my colleague last night,but I shouldn't have done it,for it's the waste of the money. It cost me no less than 10.000 yen.💸

My colleague said going for a drink is useful to get rid of his stress, but It's useless for me.I'm beginning to feel stress owing to it.😠

To be continued.By😁

No.398 10/03/21 20:52
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

About 「the」 of the proper noun

Whether or not we put 「the」 in front of the proper noun seems to be a great problem for the people who study English. It would be nice if there were a definite rule,but it's regrettable that there is no rule which covers all the things.😃

The native speakers are sensitive to the information about which gives us 「the」,on the other hand,concerning 「the」 of the proper noun,they can understand by the atmosphere which has the way of speaking,not to say the information.😃

It's impossible for us to find the theory of using 「the」,in particular concerning the proper noun.It may not be an appropriate way,the feeling of 「the」 is similar to the situation that we can understand such the imitation sounds as 「Sarasara」,「Suyasuya」and 「Guu-guu」 in Japanese.😃

As to the proper noun,whether someone is Yamada,a subsection chief or Yamada a section head isn't a question of theory but memory.😔

To be continued.By😁

No.399 10/03/21 22:13
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

About 「the」 of the proper noun Ⅱ

The writer gives us Japanese frank advice.He says like next one.😔

「I happen to see lots of "the" which add to the title of the book and the many other things,for the Japanese people regard the word of 「the」 as something decorative or cool, but the extra word of 「the」 isn't an eyesore but also grates on my ear.😥

Moreover the extra word of 「the」 has a danger that the word changes the meaning of it,so I long to give up using 「the」 so often needlessly.😔

When hearing "Stop the Aids",I don't feel like supporting the campaign.😚」

By the way,he blamed for the Japanese slogan,「Stop the Aids」 but to be honest, I can't understand why he said like that.😔

I'm wondering if it means that how to use 「the」 is in the wrong.I'm afraid I have to read the appendix of my English dictionary again.😔

To be continued.By😁

No.400 10/03/22 20:59
蚤野心蔵 ( 40代 ♂ IJ7P0b )

About a CD and DVD

It has been long time since the CD replaces the record,it goes into the circle of PC as a media for record nowadays,in addition,the DVD looks exactly like the CD appears.😲

DVD is called the type of the optical disc of the next generation,and the capacity of the memory is by far more than the CD. By the way,what is a structure of these two things⁉

The CD is made from a material which is called poricarbonate(I'm not sure of its spelling. I looked it up in my dictionary, but I couldn't find it.Sorry😭),and its section is triple parts which is a protected one,reflected one, and resin one, and the face of gloss which reflects rainbow-colored is the protected part and the surface.💿

The data which is read is recorded as a lot of protuberances which belong to the reflected part and if the protected part is damaged, the data itself is destroyed.The protuberance is called bit.😃

To be continued.By😊

投稿順
新着順
主のみ
付箋

新しいレスの受付は終了しました

何でも雑談!掲示板のスレ一覧

何でも雑談掲示板。みんなで楽しくまったり語り🗯合おう❗ 暇つぶしにもぴったり。いつでもどこでも投稿や閲覧が可能です。

• レス新
  • 人気
  • スレ新
  • レス少