注目の話題
もう期待させないでください。
彼女が貧乳だと嫌ですか?
立場と言い回しが噛み合わない。

Let’s enjoy English! Ⅴ

レス500 HIT数 64989 あ+ あ-

燻し銀三( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )
20/01/22 11:54(更新日時)

I’m going to start a new thread from now on. Whenever starting,I find it complicated to think of the title on the thread. Even if what kinds of title,it doesn’t matter for me,for it’s just that it’s in English.

I’ve put effort into expressing on America,being based on the book,アメリカ50州を読む,written by 浅井信雄,I’ve wanted to finish it as soon as possible,for there are lots of things which I’ve wanted to do on the English,lots of books to read,and plenty of things to express in English.

After finishing expressing on America,I’m going to read some books. It takes me a lot of time to finish reading them,so I’m afraid I can’t come here so often,at most twice a week.

When reading finishing them,I’m going to return,though no one may wait for me.

To my sorrow,my health has been failing as a result of being an old age. I’ve suffered from gout,to make matters worse,fluid has accumulated on my right knee,and I have a pain in my right knee,especially when going down the stairs. I may disappear suddenly one day.

18/10/08 21:38 追記
I’ve expressed on America mainly at present. When finishing it,I’m going to devote myself to read a book,but I’ll make it a rule to come here to express myself in English at least twice a week.

20/01/22 11:54 追記
As to reading science book,it used to be limited to express myself in English,but I've wanted to read it recently somehow.,

No.2711512 18/09/17 04:36(スレ作成日時)

新しいレスの受付は終了しました

投稿順
新着順
主のみ
付箋

No.51 18/09/25 21:43
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of North Dakota】

《Political climate in which a local referendum makes a reformation come true》

A law for protection on a right becomes a tool which an individual and a company pursue their own profit,he said like that,and his grief is common in the whole American society.

【The state of Ohio】

《Unique human being group which was born from economic power.》

A movie of which title is Rain Man was favorable received. Dustin Hoffman played part of an elder brother who was autism. Its story was developed in Cincinnati of Ohio. It’s called a town for a queen in the Western,it’s a pastoral world.

The movie started from a factory where a younger brother who Tom Cruise play a part of worked. Parts of an automobile were produced in the factory. Actually the automobile and its parts,machine tools,and jet engines are produced around Cincinnati which is the end of southern west in the state.

Honda advanced to Marysville which is northern west to the capital of state,Columbus in 1977.

No.52 18/09/25 22:35
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

《Unique human being group who was born from economic power》

The executives in Honda told an interesting story.“I’d heard that the American labor on the quality is bad until I came to America,but I’m in the wrong. As to the people in Ohio,they aren’t only inferior to the Japanese,but there are lots of the Americans who are more serious and enthusiastic than the Japanese.”

The Lake Erie is in the north of the state,and the Ohio River flows in the middle of the state,so the state is the leader on the waterborne transportation. There are plenty of landing places for a ship in the Ohio RIver,and there are some ports where a large–sized ship can ride at anchor at the shore in the Lake Erie.

The Welland canal which is connected the Lake Erie with the Lake Ontario was open in 1825,and the state has been connected with the eastern area of the U.S.A. The Ohio River was also connected with the Lake Erie in 1832.

As a result,the waterborne transportation exapanded by…

No.53 18/09/25 23:31
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

《The human being group which was born from economic power》

As a result,the waterborne transportation expanded by leaps and bounds,and the network of railway which was connected with the waterborne transportation had been arranged well,and the condition for industrial production completed.

Agriculture used to be the mainstream in the economy,but the Civil War urged to develop the manufacturing industry,and the industrial output exceeded the yield of agriculture after 10 years of the Civil War.

Iron ore was brought in the northern cities like Toledo,Cleveland,and Youngstown from the lake,and it changed into iron or steel with the energy of coal from the Ohio Valley.

John D. Rockefeller who was from New York established the Standard oil company in Cleveland,and managed to refine petroleum and sale in the whole America. The Rockefeller Foundation which was made by a large amount of money has gone into a welfare work and charitable work.

Thus Ohio started to…

No.54 18/09/26 00:04
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

《The human being group which was born from economic power》

Thus Ohio started to develop with well balanced in the four fields on agriculture,commerce,mining industry,and manufacture,in particular the manufacture is in the top class in America.

Except for Cincinnati,an automobile and parts of airplane are in Columbus,a product made of prastic and parts of the automobile in Dayton which is southern west in the state,the automobile and refine of the petroleum in Cleveland on the shore of the Lake Erie,production on glass in Toledo,and production on tire in Akron which is in the northern east. Distinguished industrial cities spread over the whole state.

The company of the good year tire and rubber In Akron is the biggest company which produces the tire in America,and if traveling around America which is a car society,we can find a signboard in which the phrase of good year here and there.

The name of the state is…

No.55 18/09/26 23:17
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

《Unique human being group which was born from economic power》

The name of the state is originated from the words of the Native Indian,and it means great or beautiful.

The ancient trace of life on the humans who hunted for animals dates back to eleven thousand years ago,and tools made of stone which they used was discovered.

The French explored there in the 17th century,England advanced there in the 18th century,and a town where the America lived was set up. The place joined the United States as the 17th state in 1803,but the opposition between America and England got worse.

It was the battle on the Lake Erie which was the crucial one for the two countries. American army defeated the English navy under the command of an admiral,Oliver Perry,and his younger brother,Matthew Perry who led a black ship to Japan and pressed to Japan to open the country and to do foreign trade and diplomatic relations.

There had been plenty of emigrants from Germany,and the American…

No.56 18/09/27 00:53
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

…and American of German ancestry accounts for 26% of the population in the state at present,English ancestry 21%,Irish ancestry and African ancestry is 11%,in particular,in Cincinnati where the society of German ancestry developed,the education of both language on the English and the German was done in public school until the World War Ⅰ.

Except for the German,little national group formed original society each place in the state. Oberlin College which was established in 1833 was enthusiastic on a movement which opposed the slavery admitted that the black entered the school from the first,and after 4 years of the establishment,the first coeducation was carried out.

Edwin Reischauer who used to be the American ambassador to Japan learned in the Oberlin college. 桜美林 university which is the same name with the Oberlin college joins hands with the college,exchanging a teacher and a student between …

No.57 18/09/27 01:24
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

…and exchanging students and teachers between the college and university.

There are other things on the education in Ohio. The first kindergarten in the U.S.A.was begun by German emigrants in Columbus in 1838,the first junior high school was established in Columbus in 1903,the Cincinnati university is the first city university which was established in 1870.

Expansion on the economic power cultivates political power. With the state of Virginia,Ohio has also the nickname a mother for Presidents. There are eight Presidents who were from the state,though to be exact,the one alone was born in other state and lived in Ohio.

William Harrison who was born in Virginia dealt with a problem on the Native Indian as serviceman in the state settled in Ohio,and took office of the 9the President in 1841,but after a month he had a cold and the cold worsened and he was dead.

Three of people who were from Ohio…

No.58 18/09/27 20:02
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

Three of people who were from Ohio had monopolized the White House from 1869 to 1881,and they were Ulysses Grant who was the 18th,Rutherford Hays was the 19th,and James Garfield was the 20the,and the three of them were the member of the Republican Party and were from the Department of the Army.

Grant was a son of a farmer,Garfield was born in a log cabin,helped a farmhouse, ran after a mule and earned his own tuition,so he went to school.

Benjamin Harrison who was the 23the President was a grandson of William Harrison who was the 9the,and when the grandson held the post,Hawaii was merged.

In the 20the century,the name of William Taft who was the 27the ,and Warrem Harding who was the 29the are on the list of the Presidents.

There are lots of unique prominent people in the state.

Thomas Edison who invented an incandescent light bulb,Wright Brothers who succeeded in operating an airplane for the …

No.59 18/09/27 21:28
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

《Unique human being group who was born from economic power》

…Wright brothers who succeeded in operating an airplane for the first time,Clark Gable and Paul Newman who are movie actors,Steven Spielberg who is a movie director,Neil Armstrong who walked the surface on the moon for the first time. What he said then,my step is a little one but it’s a great stop for the bumankind is famous.

Gloria Steinem who led a movement for the Woman Lib and issued a magazine of Ms,and tried to abolish the difference on women who are married or not. She came to Japan in the middle of 1980. She was unmarried then, she complained like the next.

“When being pregnant, we can’t have an abortion in America,so I went to London,and have an abortion. How wasteful it is”

Toni Morrison who received the Nobel prize for literature as the first black female,and the reason for receiving the prize gave the side of American important reality a vitality. Her position is searching the historical…

No.60 18/09/27 22:00
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Ohio】

Her position is searching the historical situation and discrimiational structure on the black women who received double discrimination on race and sex.

Her work,Tar Baby’s hero and heroine are a couple of the black. The book criticized the middle class of the black who were poisoned by the culture for the white,and without fighting against racial discrimination from the white,a real marital harmony for a couple of the black can’t be there,the book hints like that.

【The state of Oklahoma】

《The Native Indian who moved in a highway in tears.》

The state of which ratio for aborigines like the Native Indians and Eskimos is high is Alaska which is 15.6%,New Mexico is 8.9%,and Oklahoma is the third place of which rate is 8.0%,according to the national census in 1990,but as to the real number takes the first place. It’s about two hundred and fifty thousand.

Why is it so? When considering a nickname of the…

No.61 18/09/27 22:37
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

《The Native Indian who moved in a highway in tears》

When considering a nickname of the state,a sooner state,it is easy to understand.

With the expansion for the living area for the white in the American eastern area which faces the Atlantic Ocean,the American government established a law which get rid of the Native Indians in 1830

There were five Native Indians who compromised with the white,so they are civilized,the government authorized like that. They were forced to move to the eastern area of Oklahoma.

Words of one of the five Native Indians,okla which means red,and homa which means a human were put together,and there is the name of Oklahoma for the state at present.

After moving to Oklahoma,Native Indians of Cherokee had a school or a law court,and issued the first newspaper in Oklahoma,it managed an orthodox local government.The Cherokee becomes the name of a Jeep which the Chrysler produced.

A thing which the author found it interesting is the…

No.62 18/09/27 23:16
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

《The Native Indian who moved in a highway in tears》

A thing the author found it interesting is the white in America have used varied words and names which they conquered,and they remain at present.

When moving from North Carolina to Oklahoma all the way,about no less than four thousand Native Indians were dead on the way because of illness,so they call the highway the highway in tears.It is equal that the white itself bear in mind that they etched an evil deed in their minds.

The white advanced to Oklahoma as if they had chased the Native Indians,so the government decided to open the western area where other Native Indians for the white.

No sooner that the date for open was announced than the white rushed to the place without thought of anyone else even before the place was open.

The sooner of the sooner state means first come,first served. It means stealing a march on the others 抜け駆け.

Oklahoma City used to be almost uninhabited,in the next day when …

No.63 18/09/30 14:52
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma 】

《The Native Indians who moved in a highway in tears》

The Oklahoma City used to be almost uninhabited,but in the next day when the place was open,it became a town of which population was more than ten thousand,and the town becomes the capital of the state later. It seems that the people aren’t ashamed of having the nickname for the state.

Oklahoma has unique history in which the place was specified as the area for the Native Indians. There aren’t any special areas for the Native Indians alone at present,two hundred and fifty thousand Indians have been harmony with the white,and work in each place in the society.

Hitachi Computer Procucts has a headquarter in Oklahoma City,and its executive said,“Actually the white has deceived the Native Indians twice. There are lots of people who are ancestry of the Native Indians in this company,and they work honestly.”

A ruin was excavated in the eastern area of Oklahoma in 1930s,and it shows us advanced culture of the…

No.64 18/09/30 15:26
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

…and the ruin shows us an advanced the existence of culture of the Native Indians from A.D.900 to 1200,but when the Spanish came there in 16th century,it is said they lay scattered there. France arrived there in the 18th century and established the supremacy,the place belongs to America through the Louisiana Purchase.

It seems that the conflict between the white and the Native Indian was done through special process,the Native Indians in the eastern area of Oklahoma joined hands with the southern army in the Civil War,so the conflicts between the northern army happened frequently,the settlement for the Native Indians were divided into the White after the southern army was defeated.

The seventh cavalry division 騎兵隊 which was led by George Custer slaughtered the Native Indians in the battle of ワシタ,the western area of the state,and the western area alone belonged to the U.S.A in 1890.

The government in the…

No.65 18/09/30 16:04
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

The government in the U.S.A. submitted a bill to the Congress that the place which included the eastern area was appointed as the territory for the U.S.A. in 1992,but the Native Indians in the eastern area sought for their original state,and put up do–or–die resistance against being incorporated into the territory,the bill was formed in 1905. It seemed to take time as they expected.

It was 1907 when Theodore Roosevelt took office as President,the place has joined the U.S.A.formally as the 46the sTate.

It is said that Oklahoma is the state of petroleum,natural gas,agriculture and stock raising. Except for coal mine shaft 炭鉱 from the latter in the 19th century,development on lead and zinc started,as to the petroleum,its digging has started from 1897.It was 1905 when the bill on the territory was approved a big oil field was discovered in Oklahoma.

When joined the U.S.A. almost all of the population of one…

No.66 18/09/30 16:47
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

When joined the U.S.A. almost all of the population of one hundred and fifty thousand were engaged in the mining industry or agriculture and stock raising,and the product on the petroleum reached forty million barrel,and it had taken the first place in the whole America until 1928.

The people in the state are proud that the beef in Oklahoma is the most delicious in the world,and as for the agricultural product,the wheat is in the top class in the whole America,and raw cotton,corn,and peanut have been cultivated there,but there was a big turning point on the two economic field.

The agriculture was heavily damaged by a sandstorm called dust ball in 1930. A poor peasant who escaped from the state and went to the western coast was called Okie. Their miserable doom was expressed in The Grape of Wrath written by John Steinbeck. The people in his work has an image for the ones in Oklahoma.

The revenue in the…

No.67 18/09/30 23:01
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

The revenue in the state decreased rapidly from the beginning in the 1970s when the oil crisis happened to 1980s. The revenue on the natural gas and petroleum increased from about $ 72 million in 1972 to $ seven hundred forty five million in 1982. It’s more than ten times. The state invested about a $ billion into building a highway or school,increase policemen and teachers. There was no end to the people who moved from other states then.

However the oil glutted lasted,and all of things worsened. Annual income a person is about $ sixteen thousand. It’s the 46th place in America. Inviting companies is the way for survival to the state. The cost for energy is so low that it was the conclusive factor for Hitachi to advance there. Refining ceramic and aluminum is low with regard to the cost.

The Democratic Party which has excelled the Republican Party since at the end of the 19 century is conservative owing…

No.68 18/09/30 23:34
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oklahoma】

The Democratic Party which has overwhelmed the Republican Party since at the end of the 19th century is conservative owing to the influence of emigrants.

Mickey Mantle who was a slugger in New York Yankees and Patti Page who sang a great hit songs Tennessee Waltz are from Oklahoma.

The Western Traditional Culture Center which is a glorious sanctuary for the cowboys in the whole America,and the state honors the people who contributed to the development on the western area. The building is worth seeing so as to recognize the history on the western area.

【The state of Oregon】

《The residents secure the right for dismissal on statesmen》

When going up north on the railway from California,and going over the border,and going into Oregon,the green increased suddenly. As getting off the train at a small station,what a country station this is,the author said like that,but he found that there were lots of people…

No.69 18/10/01 00:15
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

《Residents secure the right for dismissal on statesme
…but the author found that there were lots of people smiling at him then. It was in the end of 1982. An American who made a contact with the author gathered his friends and acquaintances and welcomed the author.

A small party for welcoming the author was held in a small restaurant,and he was invited to a Christmas Party in a local computer company on the spur of the moment 飛び入り.

There was no aim for his travel,so except for the one who made a contact with the author,all of them were strangers. His memory on the travel was something warm,the author said like that.

There was a trouble that an American figure skater,Nancy Kerrigan,was attacked by her rival. Her leg was damaged. Her rival was Tonya Harding and was from Portland in Oregon,and the conspiracy on the attack was plotted there. Unexpectedly the trouble struck the author as incongruous 違和感 a little,said like that.

The origin of the state name…

No.70 18/10/01 23:43
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

The origin of the state name,Oregon is unclear. There is a description in the U.S.A.like that. It’s rare,though there is an expression like the next. The Columbia River flows in the state. Its original name was Oregon. It is the nickname of the state which shows us its peculiarity and atmosphere.

The state of beaver,or the state of sunset are suitable for the state as nickname. The former is associated with a beaver which has front teeth and inhabits in the forest. The latter is suitable for the state of which coast faces the Pacific Ocean,and the nickname expresses a scene in which the sun rose from Maine on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and the sun went down in Oregon.

The movement for environmental protection on natural beauty of which the state is proud is active. It is said that the state is welcome to tourists,but doesn’t think it wants the them to stay in the state,which is the state wants…

No.71 18/10/02 00:59
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

It is said that the state is welcome to tourists,but doesn’t think it want them to stay in the state,which the state wants really.

It was John Reed who is well–known for even us the Japanese. He was from Oregon. He was born in Portland,and his work ,1919,世界を震撼させた10日間 is classic documentary literature on the Russian Revolution.

When he happened to stay in Russia,he witnessed the Russian Revolution as journalist,and he had such a lot of friends on the side of the revolution that he could told the Western the unknown inside affairs of the vivid revolution. He formed the Labor Party of Communism later,but was suppressed and defected to Russia.

The one which belongs to the Labor Party still remains modestly as the communist party in America,and after the collapse of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union,the member of the communist party increases in America when this book was written.

No.72 18/10/02 01:35
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

The history on the human being residence in this area dates back more than ten thousand years ago. Various Native Indians grew original cultures,the permanent residents along the Columbia River ate salmons,and moved in a big canoe.

The White of European ancestry appeared there from the latter of the 16th century,the Spanish,the British,the Russian,and the American went on shore from the dangerous coastline.

The first white who visited there by land was the joint of an expeditionary party,they started from Saint Louis toward the Western area,and they arrived at the mouth of the river in 1805. Traders on fur followed them.

It was 1843 when a genuine emigrants came there. A big group of 875 people who arrived there with a covered wagon,one right behind another through the Oregon street.

The Oregon street is from Independence along the Missouri River to Oregon,and it is distance of about 3200 …

No.73 18/10/02 21:35
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

Oregon street is from Independence along the Missouri River to Oregon,and it is an immigration of distance about 3.200 km,and the big immigration in 1843 made the route be famous. After that their experience became a transcontinental model by land,and it opened the course for a large quantities of immigration.

It is what is called Oregon system which made the state’s name heighten in American political history. It’s a kind of political revolution.

The place joined America formally in 1859,but it is just off the west of the United States. It had stood alone for a long time. In that situation,the politics of the state grew corrupt extremely because of a bribery.

In 1883,no sooner the first transcontinental railway was completed than instead of the Oregon street which was prosperous extremely,a new population increased,so a desire to resolute the policy grew among the people in the state so much that…

No.74 18/10/02 22:17
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

…so a desire to revolve the politics grew among the people in the state so much that the constitution which took effect in 1859 was made a amendment no less than 172 times until 1984,and an important decision of embodiment in which sovereignty rests with the people 主権在民 was done. It’s referendum,Initiative,and recall.

The referendum is an expression of the sovereignty of the people. Except for a subject like an election on a Diet Member or a public employee,the general people vote for it direct. The people join the decision of will on the nation direct.

For example,decision that the nation belongs to what kind of things,or decision of their leader for the people.

The initiative allows the people to submit a bill in regard to a formation of the will on the nation,and whether the bill is approved or denied is done by the people.

Recall is the right to dismiss the one who is public office by residents,

No.75 18/10/02 23:04
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

They call those three the Oregon system,and before long other states adopted them.

As to the Presidential election,direct preliminary election has been introduced into them since 1904,and organizing ability on the both of the Democratic Party and Republican Party aren’t so strong on account of independent political awareness by eligible voters,the author was wondering in the book.

Eugine McCarthy who was an independent candidate announced his candidacy won vote of 3.9% in Oregon,and it was higher than any other state in America as independent candidate.

On the whole,the political climate was liberal in the past,and the government in the state removed the ban for marijuana in 1971,and after that the pendulum for the trend was inclined to the conservative a little. Mercy killing 安楽死 was approved in the referendum in an off year election 中間選挙 in 1994,so the state was paid attention from all over the….

No.76 18/10/02 23:37
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

…so the state was paid attention from all over the world then.

The capital of the state is Salem,but its population is about no more than one hundred thousand. As to the population,Portland which is the biggest city is about four hundred thirty thousand. Portland has tied up with Sapporo City as sister.

The state’s main industry is agricultural product like wheat,and it accounts for about half of the amount of Japanese import. The forestry has been prosperous,and a festival of championship on lumber in the world is open at Albany every September. The participants compete with others for a skill of bringing down logs.

The federal government helped development on the hydraulic power,the industry on aluminium which is done by low electric power has grown after the World War Ⅱ. The industry on semiconductor which counts on water of good quality has also grown.

The staff in the Tokyo Bank in Portland …

No.77 18/10/03 00:09
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Oregon】

The staff in the Tokyo Bank in Portland said the form of good America still remains there.

There is a journalism of the style of Oregon. It means the one which aimed at being radical,a spiteful tongue,and one–sided,but its principle is being fair at present.

The most number of circulation in the state is Oregonian Paper which is published in Portland. A big mansion of Renaissance style where the one who started the newspaper lived with his family is open to the general as noted place for sightseeing.

【The state of Pennsylvania】

《The big population who yearns for its glory in the past and grieve over its fall》

Pennsylvania is a state which yearns for its glory in the past and lament its fall. The most well–known city is Philadelphia,and it used to be the capital of the state,but Harrisburg robbed the state off its position. Clothing,shoes,and steel were produced there,but the state was deserted…

No.78 18/10/05 01:18
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Pennysilvania】

《The big population which yearns for its glory in the past,and grieve over its fall》

…but the state is deserted which is behind the change on industry.

Philadelphia is a starting point on the history of American independence. At first Declaration in the place which is used to be assembly hall was adopted,and it was announced to the residents,the Liberty Bell was sounded with the delighted over the residents.

When meeting the Liberty Bell for the first time,the bell was cracked because it couldn’t resist the wind and snow for a long time,so he was disappointed at it,said the author like that.

The 13 states which joined the founding of a nation and Philadelphia which was the center of the economy used to be the capital for the federal government for a decade from 1790 to 1800. After more than two hundred years,he received still more loneliness,said like that.

The state repeated a tax increase under the political power of the gouvenment of the…

No.79 18/10/05 01:50
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The big population which yearns for its glory in the past and grieve over its fall》

The state repeated a tax increase under the political power of the government of the Republican Party as a result of stopping a subsidy,but the state couldn’t repair the dilapidated roads and old bridges because of lacking of the revenue,so it stopped the traffic,so homeless people increased on the street more and more then.

It was serious in the U.S.A. which is the society of a car happening stopping the traffic. The rich who hate to the tax increase escaped to other states,and the poor alone who didn’t have enough money to move stayed in the state,and the poor spent what little budget of welfare it had. It was a vicious spiral.

The Swedes and the Dutch arrived there since 1643,and the English established its control there in the next year. William Penn who was a Quaker received the right of possessing the land by Charles Ⅱ of the English King,and named the land …

No.80 18/10/05 02:26
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The big population which yearns for its glory in the past and grieve over its fall》

…and William Penn named the place Sylvania which means a country of forest,and did the place Pennsylvania,so it becomes the name of the state then. Philadelphia was also built by him,and there is a statue of him on the tall government office building in the state at present.

An exposition was held under the state with commorative a hundred years,and visitors of no less than ten million people gathered there,and there are lots of antique shops which has a long and distinguished history,and there is a house where Edgar Allan Poe lived for a year and wrote The Murders in the Rue Morgue there.

It seems that the dilapidation in the city stimulates the intelligent curiosity,the newspaper of Philadelphia Inquirer is famous for its cool and rational press,and other one of National Reader which was established in 1982 which has a unique editorial plan on the assumption that it…

No.81 18/10/05 03:03
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of Pennsylvania】

…the newspaper of National Reader has an unique editorial plan on assumption that it has readers of the black in the middle class in the whole America. The newspaper seems to succeed in appealing the identity which is heightened among the black.

Philadelphia means brotherly love in Greek,and it has been adopted all over the world as desirable name. For example,there is one of chief hotels in Amman which is the capital of Jordan in the Middle East. Its name is also the same.

There is one more name which is well–known name in the world in Pennsylvania. It is regrettable it’s a notorious Three Mile Island. There was an accident in a nuclear power plant in Three Mile Island which was in the sandbank of Susquehanna River that runs the length of the state in 1979.

No.82 18/10/06 23:11
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The big population which yearns for its glory in the past and grieve over its fall.》

Then the water and gas which were contaminated with radioactivity were leaked.

It caused a tumult that no less than about one hundred and fifty thousand people took refuge,and it seemed that there wasn’t actual damage on the people,but the nuclear power plant stopped operating,and the accident caused to the movement against the nuclear power plant all over the world. It also had an big impact which spurred declination on the economy of the state.

The journalist who covered the serious accidents wrote a news story on chocolate at the same time.

There is a town called Hershey in the east of the state. With the start of producing Hershey’s chocolate in the beginning of the 20th century,the town where there are apartment houses for employees and the factory together. Its streets,squares,and parks were named sweet confectionery. When walking there alone,the weight may…

No.83 18/10/07 04:43
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The big population which yearns for its glory in the past and grieve over its fall.》

When walking there alone,the author said he was afraid that he might gain his weight.

A trend of slump hangs over the state,but there is a thing which attracts curiosity from tourists at present. It is a kind of village where the people they call Pennysilvania Dutch live,which is around Lancaster in the southern east of the state.

They call them Dutch but they aren’t Dutch ancestry,but German ancestry,and are emigrants from Swiss or Germany,and they used the German language as conversation everyday life,in particular Amish is well–known.

They are a sect of Protestant,and obey the teaching of the Protestant obstinately. They’ve forbidden themselves all the modern fruits like mass communication,a movie,electricity,and an automobile. They rely on a kerosene lamp and a horse–drawn carriage,but the people who make much of natural foods are interested in their …

No.84 18/10/07 05:28
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The big population which yearn for its glory in the past and grieve over its fall》

…but the people who make much of natural foods are interested in their pure agricultural way.

The Protestant wear caps and clothes of subdued colors which are mainly black,and a male grows a long beard. We can recognize him from a distance. The world where the Protestant belongs to seems to be eccentric a little.

In the early days of Pennysilvania secured freedom of politics and religion,and opened a generous door to all the people of the sect who were persecuted,so they are there.

Gettysburg which is a historic battlefield is famous for Lincoln’s speech,Government of people,for the people,by the people.

Pittsburgh which is the west in the state has changed its conventional epithet 枕言葉 one after another.the kingdom of steel industry,a seamy place of scrap iron and smoke,or a model city of experiment for rivival.

No.85 18/10/07 08:17
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

The population of the state is about eleven million,and is in the fifth place in the whole America,and the big population is important politically,for the big population makes other people in other state be interested in Pensylvania.

Prominent people who are from the state is James Buchanan who is the fiftieth President. The two big companies which made Pittsburgh prosper is the Carnegie and the Mellon. The founders of the big company built a library,art museum,university and returned their wealth to the society.

There is the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C.which is a big scale art gallery. The big company of the Mellon invested in it.

Benjamin Franklin who researched thunder with a kite–flying,Grace Kelly who became a queen in Monaco from an actress,and Perry Como who sang the Temptation with sweet voice. Many talented men and women are from the state.

No.86 18/10/07 08:53
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

Philadelphia Phillies and Pittsburgh Pirates in Major League are famous for traditional professional baseball team.

Andrew Wyeth who is a typical artist was born in Pennysilvania. He was too sickly to go to school,and he learned art from his father and received order of painting when he was twelve years old.

He continued to paint a German woman who lived in farming house in the neighbor without being recognizing his wife. He did for 15 years and his works for the woman reached to 246,and when his fans knew those works of his they were suprised at them.

It is rare that going on painting a single model for 15 years. With age a person changes. It is said that the growth of Wyeth as artist and the change with the age are incorporated in his works.

【The state of Rhodo Island】

《Even if it’s little,its individuality stands out》

The state is one of the thirteen states when…

No.87 18/10/07 11:41
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《Even if it’s little,its individuality stands out》

The state is one of the thirteen states when America was built,and it is proud of it greatly,but at the same time it’s the smallest state in America,and its area is equivalent to one–third of Kyushu area. Its characteristic is vivid,the state displays its originality clearly,so the author said that though it’s small but it stands out.

As to a yacht race,American’s Cup which is the biggest scale in the world has been done along Newport,and lots of tourists are attracted to it. Its first athletic meet was held in England in 1851,but it was a New York Yacht Club belonged to America which won the championship then.

After that the athletic meet learned to be held in America,and American teams won 25 successive victories,but Australia usurped the championship,and the athlete meet was held in Australia in 1987,but America recaptured the throne right away,and the athletic meet was held in the U.S.A.in 1992.

No.88 18/10/07 12:21
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《Even if it’s little,it stands out》

Newport is famous for a summer resort,gorgeous vacation houses possessed by upper crust of society are lined up there,and the scene feasts the eyes of the tourists.

It’s also a scene for Newport Music Festival. Big scale of music festivals for folk or jazz is held every September there.

The main constituent on economy is industry,the industries associated with jewel processing or silverwork are proud of its technique which is in the top class in America.

Rhodo Island school of Design won fame with education for designing jewel and its campus is in Providence which is the capital of the state.

The Brown University is one of celebrated ones in the Ivy League college. The university was established in 1774 before America was established. It’s a traditional university. It ties up with Keio University,and there are Japanese students studying abroad here and there in the campus.

The state is along the coast…

No.89 18/10/07 12:52
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《Even if it’s little,it stands out.》

The state is along the coast,but the fishing industry isn’t prosperous very much,but to the Japanese’ joy,the place from Narragansett which is the southern east in the state to the Atlantic Ocean is a base for tuna fishery. Japanese trading companies buy the unloading tuna there,and put the fish in a cool box and send it to Japan.

The tuna will be in front of the store in Tukiji before long,but sushi shop in New York lays in part of the tuna,and it’s offered with Californian rice which is similar with the Japanese rice,and Japanese tourists seemed to admired the food like the next.

“I’ve never expected that I can eat such a delicious sushi in the U.S.A.!”

While its area is small,its population is no less than about one million. Its population density is in the second place,which is next to New Jersey.

A flag of Stars and Stripes has been decided as national flag in 1777,in the next year of establishing the country.

No.90 18/10/07 16:59
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

But the design of the Stars and Striipes changes often. As to the Rhodo Island,there isn’t any stripe,and except for the thirteen stars,a flag with a letter of hope and a bell had been used as the national flag until 1981. The motto of the state was hope.

Powerful Narragansett Indians controlled the area,but the white arrived there for the first time in the first half in the 16th century.

An English missionary who hated to be forced to accept the orthodox belief in the colony of Massachusetts Bay escaped from the colony,and arrived at Rhodo Island and established the colony called Providence.

The providence means the will of the God,and the state of Rhodo Island has developed,and its center is Providence which is the capital of the state.

Judging from the situation in the past,it is obvious that the people in the state are particular about religion,the Rhodo Island Charter says that prosperous nation by residents …

No.91 18/10/07 17:32
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

Rhodo Island Chapter says that the prosperous nation by residents should be maintained by complete free will for belief. Variety and freedom for the belief is the feature in the state,and it seems that it has attracted a variety of nation from the early days.

The first Baptist religious group was organized in 1639,and the first church of Quaker was open in 1699. The first Jewish chapel,synagogue,was built in 1763. It was after 142 years when the first Jewish emigrant settled in Virginia in 1621.

After that there was a large amount of emigrants from Italy,Ireland,Portugal,and Canad belonged to France,so Rhodo Island is the state which there are the most Catholics than any other state in the U.S.A. The population of the Catholic accounts for about 65% in the state.

As a result,while the Democratic Party tended to be strong traditionally,the influence of the Protestant opposed the Catholic with a strategy of …

No.92 18/10/07 18:08
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《Even if it’s small,it stands out.》

As a result,while the Democratic Party tended to be strong,the influence of Protestant opposed the Democratic Party with a strategy of gerrymander which operated an electoral district,though I have little knowledge on the relation between political party and religion.

The residents have a strong desire to build a free and original regional community. When joining the United States formally,approval or disapproval opposed severely,for they feared an intervention or interference from outside happened over joining the United States.

Rhodo Island reached to an agreement on affiliation with America in 1790 at last,and the result of the vote was 34 to 32,it was a close game,and it was the last of the 13 states in early days.

When comparing the state with the one in the central west or the one in the west,the people in the state seem to be blunt if somebody looks at it negatively. It may be an expression of spirit of my way.

No.93 18/10/07 18:44
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

What is a spirit of my way? It seems that they have been obstinate before building America. It’s well–known. They often carried out what is called my way,and aimed at being independent,so joined the United States became the last one,but being obstinate functioned on varied American democratization,and American free spirit which leads to modern America has come true.

The state forms a corner of what is called New England,the data of a magazine says on the residents like the next.

They have conscientious,and are diligent,refined but plain. They are blunt and cool to strangers like the climate of the state. They are exactly Yankee.

As to the origin of the name for the state,they don’t stick to it. They are dispassionate.

There is an island in the Narragansett Bay. The island looks just like Rhodes Island in Greece,so they adopt it as the name for the state.

Industrialization and urbanization made progress from the…

No.94 18/10/07 20:39
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

Industrialization and urbanization made progress from the latter in the 18th century to the 19th century. The first spinning mill of hydraulic power was established at Pawtucket in 1793. Both making use of coal gas and introduction of a weaver operated by steam were earlier than any other state in the U.S.A.

Some people call the state a cradle on the Industrial Revolution in the U.S.A.

Gorgeous mansions and vacation houses stand in a row at Bellevue Avenue in New Port,and they show off wealth and power. The names like chateau シュルメール or Bellcoat castle involve substance,the author said like that,but I’m not interested in them at all.

Hammersmith Farm where Jacqueline Kennedy spent in her childhood and held wedding reception for the couple has 28 rooms. They called it the White House in summer when John F. Kennedy assumed the office as President.

The place was open as a hall for wedding reception in 1978,and …

No.95 18/10/07 21:10
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

…and its charterage for the whole facilities,except for a meal,it costs about $ 3.500 four hours.

【The state of South Carolina】

《The culture of the southern noble which they grew,making a contact with England》

The author said he wrote that the seventh President Andrew Jackson had his root in the state of North Carolina,so I could have expressed it but to tell the truth,I’m not sure of it. Anyway he said like that,and he said there are unclear things a little on the seventh President.

When he was born,the Carolina wasn’t divided into the north and the south,and his birthplace was never investigated then,and the place may have been included in the present South Carolina,a part of the American data said like that.

Even the birthplace of the President was so,we can guess a way of making American history is unique.

His whole family joined the Independent war when he was twelve,and he was seriously wounded,but survived.

No.96 18/10/08 08:14
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【The state of North Carolina】

《The culture of southern noble which they grew,making contact with England》

After the independent War,he moved to Tennessee,and get married a daughter of the rich,secured funds,and going into the political world. When being the President,he practiced democracy of Jackson style,and he took the plunge and opened the White House to the public.

When accepting a document,he had a habit of writing all korrect as it pronounced,though it’s in the wrong,it should have been written all correct. Some people say all korrect is the origin of OK. Though it is unconfirmed but it is likely,and it’s a pleasant story.

On the other hand,he thought of a way of getting rid of the Native Indian,and carried out it actually,it was Andrew Jackson who drove away the Native Indian into Oklahoma,what is called a highway in tears.

A new hope in the economy in the state which was next to the textile industry was sightseeing,and its center was Charleston. With New Orleans in …

No.97 18/10/08 09:05
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The culture of the southern noble which they grow,making contact with England》

With New Orleans in Louisiana,Charleston is the place where the southern culture comes true. It faces the Atlantic Ocean,and has been prosperous as a good harbor since founding country. The place remains old stately buildings and a row of houses which tell them the old American history.

Big white flowers of Magnolia on big trees look languid,and they line as if they were a symbol for the history. It was a fortress at Sumter in Charleston Bay where the Civil War broke out.

Then South Carolina used to join the Confederate States of America 南部連邦 which approved of the slavery. The army of the Confederate attacked the fortress at Sumter where the Northern Army was stationed,so the Civil War which dragged on about four years brought about.

Charleston which was built in 1670 was prosperous with a trade of slave in the 18th century,the place was covered with crude and coarse…

No.98 18/10/08 12:09
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The culture of the southern noble which they grow,making contact with England》

…and Charleston was covered with crude and coarse atmosphere in which they were generous to a liquor and woman,and it caused a psychological deep gulf between Charleston and the Puritanical discipline in the New England.

The economy in early days was cultivation of raw cotton,tobacco,to put it in an extreme way,it formed a society of the white noble composed of an owner of plantation and slaves.

In a later Victorian residence which come together with a porch,terrace,and chimney,a black maid and babysitter are indispensable for the scene in the residence.

Charleston which is connected with Africa and Panama through a harbor made a contact with England direct,grew original culture which sticks to hypocrisy,honor,and tradition.

South Carolina joined the United States in 1788 as the eighth state,but there was constant trouble between the state and federal government.

No.99 18/10/08 12:44
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The culture of the southern noble which they grew,making contact with England》

The federal government demanded customs of which rate was high,but the state submitted the bill which denied the customs of which rate was high to the assembly in the state,and the bill was approved in 1832.

It made possible succession of smooth trade toward foreign countries including slaves,it was Charleston which declared objection toward the emancipation of slavery and adopted a resolution that it withdrew from the United States at first.

There has still been a building for slave market in Charleston,and a military school for the army was founded in 1842,for it is said they prepared for a rebellion for slaves.

The black in Charleston loved a strange dance in which shutting the knees inside,and kicking outside. It was popular among extremely the white in the whole America in 1920s,it became the manners and customs which are suitable for the 1920s when they went mad.

No.100 18/10/08 14:29
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

《The culture of the southern noble which they grew,making contact with England》

They called the queer dance Charleston.

There is the interstate highway 85 which runs from north to south in the state. When going into the state from the highway,it means that when going into the state from the north,a car passes through Spartanburg and Greenville. Both of them are two great center on the textile industry.

The area surroundswing the two cities are described that industrialization has made progress highly,and there are plenty of blue–color workers extremely. Annual income per a person in the state is about $ 17 thousand 4 hundred. It’s in the fortieth rank in the whole America.

It’s a sign of a labor with low wages,and disadvantageous condition for the labor in which a labor union isn’t permitted exists at present.

Japanese companies have advanced there,and a Japanese–American joint company is formed,and it products a cable of optical fiber 光ファイバー

投稿順
新着順
主のみ
付箋

新しいレスの受付は終了しました

日記掲示板のスレ一覧

携帯日記を書いてみんなに公開しよう📓 ブログよりも簡単に今すぐ匿名の日記がかけます。

• レス新
  • 人気
  • スレ新
  • レス少
新しくスレを作成する