注目の話題
同棲するなら1人になれる部屋が欲しいって言ったら号泣された
初対面の人と仲良くなれません。
発達障害者だって子供が欲しい

Let’s enjoy English! Ⅴ

レス500 HIT数 64918 あ+ あ-

燻し銀三( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )
20/01/22 11:54(更新日時)

I’m going to start a new thread from now on. Whenever starting,I find it complicated to think of the title on the thread. Even if what kinds of title,it doesn’t matter for me,for it’s just that it’s in English.

I’ve put effort into expressing on America,being based on the book,アメリカ50州を読む,written by 浅井信雄,I’ve wanted to finish it as soon as possible,for there are lots of things which I’ve wanted to do on the English,lots of books to read,and plenty of things to express in English.

After finishing expressing on America,I’m going to read some books. It takes me a lot of time to finish reading them,so I’m afraid I can’t come here so often,at most twice a week.

When reading finishing them,I’m going to return,though no one may wait for me.

To my sorrow,my health has been failing as a result of being an old age. I’ve suffered from gout,to make matters worse,fluid has accumulated on my right knee,and I have a pain in my right knee,especially when going down the stairs. I may disappear suddenly one day.

18/10/08 21:38 追記
I’ve expressed on America mainly at present. When finishing it,I’m going to devote myself to read a book,but I’ll make it a rule to come here to express myself in English at least twice a week.

20/01/22 11:54 追記
As to reading science book,it used to be limited to express myself in English,but I've wanted to read it recently somehow.,

No.2711512 18/09/17 04:36(スレ作成日時)

新しいレスの受付は終了しました

投稿順
新着順
主のみ
付箋

No.151 18/10/20 15:29
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

《There are plenty of the first things,there are lots of the talented people like twinkle stars》

There is the Potomac River between Virginia and Washington D.C.and Virginia is in the opposite bank to the capital in the federal government,and is related with the capital of America like Mary land.

Some lands in the northern west were offered to the federal government as its site like Mary Land,but it has been returned in 1846. The place becomes a bedroom town for the member of the staff in the federal government.

The CIA,natioanlal cemetery of Arlington,and Pentagon are institutions which have deep relationship with the federal government.

The CIA is in Langley,and its institutions are hidden in thick forest,and the place name of Langley is synonymous with the CIA. If comparing it with the secret service of National Security Agency,it’s small,but speaking of the secret service,it’s the CIA for us the Japanese,and we talk on the secret service with fishy…

No.152 18/10/20 16:00
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

《There are plenty of the first things,there are lots of the talented people like twinkle stars》

…and we talked on the secret service with fishy underground operation and secret maneuvers,but the underground operations account for a small part in the whole activity in the CIA.

It is said that the greater part of the staff in the CIA are engaged in their business which aren’t very conspicuous that they gather some pieces of information steadily everyday,and analyze and evaluate the information and gather together the suggestion.

Some of Japanese companies which had advanced in America poached the staff in the CIA who were in charge of gathering and analyzing information,and made them be engaged in the familiar business. It’s not bold at all,but is natural things for the one who recognize the information is important.

Norfolk which is a gigantic naval port has been assigned a new task since 1993. As examining a role for the American army after the Cold War…

No.153 18/10/20 16:34
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

《There are lots of the first things,there are plenty of the talented people like twinkle stars》

…the headquarters in the Atlantic Ocean which unifies the army,navy,Air Force and the U.S.Marines is set up in the naval port,and it’s in charge of training and directing for going into action for disaster relief,and peace keeping operation.

The memorial hall on Douglas MacArthur in Norfolk in which we the Japanese are interested. An automobile which he used in the middle of occupation for Japan is decorated there.

Needless to say,the same type of corn cob pipe which MacArthur used regularly is in the memorial hall as souvenir,but lots of essential documents for studying the period on occupation of Japan has been preserved there.

For example,plenty of letters from the Japanese to the general of the army. Entreaty supplication on exemption for removal from public office,or slanders on other Japanese had been described on the letters.

We can understand the naked…

No.154 18/10/20 18:50
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

《There are lots of the first things,there are plenty of the talented people like twinkle stars》

We can understand the naked thoughts and behavior on the Japanese people under the occupation from the letters,and a letter to the general of the army that the Showa Emperor doesn’t gave up the throne is data which is worthy of the first class.

A group of mountain range which is parallet to the Apache Mountains lies north and south across the state. Picturesque place like Shenandoah Valley is abundant.

The musical masterpiece,Shenandoah,which makes the people in a boat feel sorrow was sung by the people who settled in the Western area. It is said they looked over the western area from the peak of mountain,and decided to depart the place,for they had to start a severe trip from the next day,and then they sang the song.

Roanoke which is a town in the foot of a mountain is the place for the hen’s egg which the Japanese have raised. Agriculture was depression in the …

No.155 18/10/20 19:13
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

Agriculture was in depression in America at the beginning of the 1980s. A company which was engaged in the hen’s eggs in Toyama prefecture advanced America,and devoted itself solely management in which center was consumers in America,and the company was greatly successful in the business.

The company had a about 30% of share in the city of the eastern area,and the New York Times said the king on the hen’s egg was the Japanese.

Americans of English ancestry account for 34% in the population of the state.and the second one is the black which is 19%,it was a part of the feature of the states in the southern area,and the state is crowded with the black who were poured into the state from the capital.

The third place is German ancestry,12%,and the fourth place is Ireland,10%.

The number of qualified people in Presidential election is twelve,and the state has an …

No.156 18/10/20 19:45
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

…and the state has an importance of middle class.

The one who was engaged in journalism challenged for adoption examination for a secret agent as an experience said like the next.

About 30 people applied to the examination. The application was 16 pages. It took several months for screen candidates by examining their papers. They called the interview a week of a hell,and various testa like mental faculties,personality,an ability on reasoning,and the examinee was given a lie detector test.

The ones who interviewed the examiner is psychologist,or psychiatrist. Sociability is indispensable. The one who had a debt and insomania are disqualified.

The place was filled with question like the next.

“Your wife is seriously ill,but you have no money to buy a specific remedy for the illness. If stealing lots of money,you can save your wife. What should you do?”

Even if there…

No.157 18/10/20 20:36
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Virginia】

Even if there is a tiny flaw in the personal history,it’s impossible to be hired. It takes at least nine months to be informed on the result of the examination.

【State of Washington】

《The place is a thing like a castle town for the Boeing Company》

It’s state of Washington alone which the name of George Washington who was the first President and the father of establishing the country becomes the name of the state.

When the author lived in the eastern coast,he couldn’t get Matsutake and ordered it for a store which was kept by American Korean ancestry in Washington.

Ordering it so often made him feel it complicated,and he ordered it plenty of Matsutake at one time. As a result his house was filled with such the smell of Matutake that he was tired of it.

He was wondering if there is so few that we make much of it,at any rate he recognized that Washington is

No.158 18/10/20 21:02
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

《The place is a thing like a castle town for Boeing Company》

…at any rate he recognized that Washington is growing area for matutake. The state has abundant evergreen trees like pine and fir,and it has an excellent reputation that its green is beautiful through a year. The nickname of Washington is the evergreen state.

Except for Alaska,it lies the northern west most tip of America. The people’s eyes and interests are turned to the direction of Canada,the Pacific Ocean,and Asia.

There are some people who had often been in Korea and Japan,but they had never been to Washington D.C.where there is the capital of America. It seems that they aren’t rare.

It is said that the people have lived there from nine thousand years ago. They crossed over to the Bering Sea from Asia,and arrived there as the first American.

Bones of the humankind and scorched bone of a bison were found in Washington. It is said it was presumed that the bones were the one about 9000 years ago.

No.159 18/10/21 02:35
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

《The place is a thing like a castle town for Boieing Company》

The Spanish arrived there as the first white in 1775,but they were destroyed completely by the Native Indian then. After that the English came there one after another,and they were engaged in having dealing with trade on fur.

Jefferson President bought Louisiana west to the Mississippi River in 1803,and sent investigating commission 調査団 there,and the commission saw the vast sea of the Pacific Ocean,standing on the bank of the Columbia River which flowing in Washington in 1805.

Forestry,agriculture,and electric chemistry,electric metallurgy 冶金,and refining industry with the hydraulic power are the traditional three industries in the economy there.

The product on aluminium accounts for about one–third in the whole America,but the low price and abundant hydraulic power enable the state to do it.

More than half of the population in the state concentrate on the three biggest cities of Seattle,Tacoma…

No.160 18/10/21 03:10
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

More than half of the population concentrate on the biggest city of Seattle,Tacoma,and Spokane of the state and other cities around the three of them.

While the capital of the state,Olympia,is just a small city of which population is thirty thousand,the population of the metropolitan area of Seattle,Everett is more than a million and a half million,and its influence has reached to even Alaska and Asia.

On checking the traditional economy in the state,there are some of exceptional field on the economy. They are shipbuilding,industry of aviation,and investigation on nuclear weapon. They have a big meaning in the economy in the state.

It’s not always good for the state,but it’s controlled by the demand of the federal government greatly,so the exceptional field is an element which twists the state around the element’s little finger.

When the World War Ⅰ broken out,shipbuilding was active around Puget…

No.161 18/10/21 03:48
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

When the World War Ⅰ broke out,the shipbuilding was active in the place around Puget Sound. Puget Sound is a bay which is encroached from the north to south complicately.

Supply division industry was also prosperous,but its labor movement became so radical that the headquarter of the labor union for industry in the world was set up in Seattle,and Seattle was the central stage of general strike in which sixty thousand labor joined for the first time in the U.S.A. The ones who participated in the strike and the influence of he right wing collided repeatedly.

William Boeing founded the Boeing Company which produced an plane in Seattle during the World War Ⅱ. It developed only the biggest industry in the state then.

The company also produced a passenger plane,but the best customer was the federal government which ordered a warplane.

The company had ever employed no less than eighty thousand people…

No.162 18/10/21 04:43
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

The company had ever employed no less than eighty thousand people,and a large part of the residents around Seattle are extremely dependent on the company in varied ways. The author said he wanted to call the whole state of Washington is a castle town for Boeing Company.

However the company had an anxiety. Whether or not war expenditure was reduced at the meeting in the federal Govenment controlled the demand for the warplane.

Vietnam War was at a deadlock,and the feeling of being tired of war heightened in the beginning of the 1970s,the council reduced the war expenditure so sharply that Washington fell into depression on Boeing terribly then.

Winning the war expenditure is a big business for the member in the council of the federal government who was elected from the state.

As strong diplomacy against the former Soviet Union,and a line of expansion of armaments continued under the Reagan…

No.163 18/10/21 08:27
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

As strong diplomacy against the former Soviet Union and a line of expansion of armanents continued under the Reagan Government,so the evergreen state could take a short rest,but the Cold War was over,and reduction for war expenditure so as to do away with the deficit financing,the economy of the state fell into crisis again.

So the Boeing Company and the American Govenment had tried to sell Japan a high priced product. Their aim wasn’t aid for the company and the residents alone.

Eighteen Senators sent letters under joint signature for the Reagan President,and requested the President to appeal Japan to introduce the high priced product.

There was the name of the member of the council who was elected from Washington on the top of the joint signature,but it is said the letter said it was a part of reduction for trading deficit.

In short,Japanese government planned to introduce the four high priced…

No.164 18/10/21 12:35
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

In short,Japanese government planed to introduce the four high priced product with the budget of the 1993 and 1994,but it cost no less than ¥57 billion for one product,so the voice for asking for reconsideration of buying them didn’t cease then.

The place where they research the nuclear weapons was set up at Hanford in Washington in the middle of the World War Ⅱ,and it was related to the development of atomic bomb which were thrown down to Nagasaki and Hiroshima,and after the World War Ⅱ,it has made contribution to nuclear power generation.

Why did they construct such the research institute in Washington? They can make use of lands far from any human dwellings,and it is easy to keep a secret there.

It is said that the National Security Agency which picks up an electric wave has a secret base in Washington.

Washington ties up wtth Hyogo Prefecture as sister,and Seattle with Kobe city.

No.165 18/10/21 13:08
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

The climate of Seattle is so mild and has such a moderate humidity that we the Japanese get accustomed to the place easily.

A big fire broke out in Seattle in 1886,and after that the city has come to life again with a bold plan. When comparing it with the revival plan of Kobe city which went through the calamity,we are interested in it.

Japanese business companies which advanced there deal with salted salmon roe,salmon,trout,and crab off Alaska,and its marine products account for about 90% export for Japan.

There are lots of students studying abroad around Seattle. Some students complained to the author too many Japanese students to study English there.

When trying to express how comfortable the life in Seattle is,there is an expression that it resembles to have a good time in vacation,but the population of increase might ruin the comfortable situation.

Their fear made them do an unusual local …

No.166 18/10/21 13:36
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Washington】

Their fear made them do an unusual local referendum November in 1979. It forbids to say how comfortable Seattle is for the people outside Seattle,though it was voted down.

Then the Seattle Times criticized the local referendum like the next.

It resembles a selfish and cruel mental state of the people who try to step into a lifeboat. The ones who moved there think they want the immigrants not to come any more,except for themselves.They want the ones who came after them to go to other places.

【State of West Virginia】

《The stronghold for the Democratic Party which fell out of prosperity》

It is the present West VIrginia which the west part separated from Virginia in 1863,and joined America as the 35th state.

It has a nickname,the state of mountain,so the almost whole of the state is in the Appalachian Mountains,and no less than 75% of the land is covered with the forest.

Its average sea level is…

No.167 18/10/21 14:08
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

《The stronghold for the Democratic Party which fell out of the prosperity》

Its average sea level is higher than any other state east to the Mississippi River. The state is higher in the north area,and jutting out eastward,so it is said the state is the strangest shape in America.

What is the background that the state separates from Virginia?

As to the racial composition,the eastern area is English ancestry,and the western Irish one. They were different altogether.

In the council of the state,the western area was forced to be in more disadvantageous situation than the east. Arrangements for transportation network and school was behind the times in the western area,but the the eastern area was cold to the western area.

A vein of coal was discovered in the western area in the middle of the 18th century,besides the natural gas around Charleston,and petroleum was discovered at Burning Springs,so there was a prospect that they could become independent by the…

No.168 18/10/21 16:51
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

…so there was a prospect that they could become independent by the underground resource.

The climax on the opposition between the two was around the time of the Civil War.

While the eastern area was for the slavery,the western area was against it. Virginia withdrew from the northern league in 1861 in which it had joined until then,and took part in the southern league,but the western area decided to remain in the northern league. It was at Philip in West Virginia where the first clash on the Civil War broke out.

The economy which is dependent on the Appalachian coalfield or petroleum is hard to grow steadily,and the level on the economy of the state is fairly low.

When the economic panic happened in 1930s,the state received its damage directly,so the thought of New Deal which put up welfare by F.Roosevelt was easily established,and the Democratic Party expanded its base of support.

No.169 18/10/21 17:14
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

After the World War Ⅱ,the policy which fights against poverty by J. Kennedy or Johnson didn’t bring remarkable change.

Oil shock broke out in 1970s,and a trend of reconsidering coal heightened,their expectation for the prosperity raised then,but in 1980s the demand for the oil loosened in the world,and the voice for protecting environment,on the other hand the future of coal industry took a turn for the worse at once.

Annual income a person of the state in 1995 is about $ sixteen thousand,and its place was in the 48th in the whole America. Its place was third from the bottom.

The situation that West Virginia had fallen out of the prosperity and reached to the very end of the line has never been improved when this book was written.

However as a radio,TV,and automobile spread out in the isolated mountainous district,it is said the people in the state has started to step onto the …

No.170 18/10/21 17:49
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

…it is said that the people in the state have started to step onto the mainstream of American life at last in the 1980s.

Birthrate on teenagers are 17.6 % in the whole America in 1993. Its place was the sixth. It isn’t a desirable situation very much.

Even if being in the situation,there is a local voice that a thing in which they are proud of is there are few crimes.

The number of the crimes are 2663 to the population of one hundred thousand,and it was the lowest in the whole America.

The number of prisoners are also about 13 people to the population of ten thousand,its place is the 47th in the whole America. They have nothing to steal,and there are no ways to run away,for it’s the mountainous district.

Needless to say,it’s a joke,but there seems to be an air of reality on the joke.

The center of the economy is moving gradually from the traditional resource of coal to sightseeing …

No.171 18/10/21 18:18
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

《Stronghold for the Democratic Party which fell out of prosperity》

The center of the economy is gradually moving from the traditional resource of coal to the sightseeing of which resource is splendid view in the mountainous district.

When Japan was in the bubble economy,investment in development of recreational facilities like a skier ground or a golf course was done.

Harpers Ferry which is the eastern end of the state is a point of contact that three of states of West Virginia,Virginia,and Mary Land are close each other,and the place is appointed a national park as historian site of the Civil War.

The state is in the position which is near Washington D.C.and arrangement for the traffic network has made progress,there may have some newcomer there,but the ones who moved out of the state are exceed,so the population tends to decrease.

The population on the state is about one million eight hundred thousand,according to the national census in 1990,and the…

No.172 18/10/24 05:55
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West VIrginia】

《Stronghold of Democratic Party which fell out of prosperity》

…and while the white is 96.2%,it’s overwhelmingly,the black is no more than 3.1%. The place is close to the southern area,and being in position to be opposed to the slavery in earlier days and tried to remove the racial discrimination,but there are few the black unexpectedly.

It has been thought owing to the economic situation. There are lots of such the poor white in the place that it seems the black find it hard to discover the chance of lead their lives there. Plenty of the black work in a coal mine shaft.

The greater part of the white are from Italy, England,Germany,and the former Soviet Union,and the German ancestry are what is called Pennsylvanian Dutch. They are the German,but others call them so. I don’t know why. I looked up it in Wikipedia but I’m not sure of it.

The population of the Native Indian accounts for no more than 0.1 percent in the state. When colonizers started to settle…

No.173 18/10/24 21:42
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West VIrginia】

《Stronghold of Democrantic Party which fell out of prosperity》

When colonizers started to settle down the mountainous district permanently,almost of the Native Indians of aborigines were driven out of the area.

Trace of the resident on the humankind dates back to about fifteen thousand years ago. It seemed that they were engaged in agriculture around the B.C.1000.

English colonization started around the 17the century,but it is said that the movement of the Native Indians who hunted or fight a war in the mountainous district prevented England from advancing there so much.

The process in which West VIrginia was born,the Republican Party managed it,but in the middle of struggling to escape from the poverty,the Democratic Party expanded its influence,and the balance between the two political parties hasn’t changed at present.

As to the number of the people who register in the political party,the Democratic Party was about six hundred seventy five thousand…

No.174 18/10/24 22:20
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

《Stronghold of Democratic Party which fell out of prosperity》

…the Republican Party is about half of the Democratic Party,it’s about three hundred thousand in 1984 when the author wrote the book.

John Rockefeller Ⅳ of the whole family of Rockefeller served two terms for eigh years from 1977 as governor of the state for the Democratic Party,and after that he became Senator.

He often became the person who was much talked about a candidate for the President in the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party monopolized two seats in the Upper House and three seats in the Lower House which the state secures. The state is unusual.

Cyrus Vance who served as the Secretary of State under Carter Government in the Democratic Party was from West VIrginia,and he opposed the President’s operation in which releasing the hostage who was a diplomat caught by Iran,and he resigned his post then.

He is an honorary president on the association between America and Japan at.

No.175 18/10/24 23:04
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

《Stronghold of Democratic Party which fell out of prospetiry》

Cyrus Vance is a honorary president in the association between America and Japan when the book was written. When the author interviewed him in the time when he was the Secretary of State,he answered the questions. The time was planed to be five minutes,but the statesman made its time twenty minutes. His policy was moderate,and his expression was mild–mannered. The author said like that.

Pearl Buck who was a Nobel prize winner for literature on China was born in Hillsboro in the south of West Virginia.

Her parents were missionaries and they took her to China,and they led their lives there. Her work,the Good Earth in which the life of the people in a farming village was expressed is the most famous work of hers.

Anna Jarvis who founded the Mother’s Day was from West Virginia.

Robert Byrd who was a Senator symbolized West Virginia which fell out of prosperity but struggled,and he was engaged …

No.176 18/10/24 23:33
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of West Virginia】

《Stronghold of Democratic Party which fell out of poverty》

…and he was engaged in the member of the Upper House when the author wrote the book.

He was born in North Calorina,and in his childhood he was left with his relative who worked in a coal mine shaft,and he couldn’t pay for the school expenses on university,and changed his jobs like a butcher many times.

After he got a seat in the council of the state or in the council of the federal government,he continued to go to an evening school for eight years,and became a bachelor of laws 法学士.

Leading in the poverty was having a linger effect on him so much that he couldn’t get used to the social contact in upper–class family,and he was lacking in a skill of increasing political power by group sharing links 人脈.

He sometimes stood alone,and was contempted,but pursued the line of welfare in the Democratic Party.

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of dairy farming which led the whole America with political…》

No.177 18/10/25 00:00
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of dairy farming which led the whole America with the political reform》

It is the dairy farming which Wisconsin is proud of in the whole America and is the better one any other state in the U.S.A.

When the French arrived there in the 17th century,they started to trade for a fur,but the policy was changed greatly into the policy that their industry was the dairy farming.

Why is the dairy farming? Immigrants from Northern Europe like Denmark and Germany and Swiss settled in Wisconsin which resembles their homeland and the skill of the dairy farming was firmly established there.

An association for the people who were engaged in the dairy farming was formed in Wisconsin so as to organize the people who were engaged in the dairy farming in 1872.

There are dairy farms every place in Wisconsin at present,and the number of a milk cow in the state is about two million,and its level belongs to the top class in the U. S. A.

As to the dairy products …

No.178 18/10/25 01:54
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of dairy farm which led the whole America with the political reform》

As to the dairy products like cheese,beef,pork.milk,butter,chicken,a hen’s egg,and turkey rank higher in America.

The state name is the language for the Native Indian,it means a place where the water gathers,or a place for a beaver,but the nickname for the state is the one for a badger or America’s Dairyland,and the latter one is written for a license plate of a car in the state.

June has been fixed the month for the dairy farm,and an expo of the dairy farm in the world is held in the capital of the state,Madison,every year.

The study for the dairy farm is enriched in Wisconsin University,a way of measuring an element of milk which was developed by a professor in the university made a contribution to the development of the dairy farm.

In this way a topic on the dairy farm doesn’t cease at all. Annual average income on the people in the state is about $ twenty thousand.

No.179 18/10/25 02:22
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of dairy farm which led the whole America with the political reform》

As for the annual average income,Wisconsin is in the 22th place in the whole America,and it’s not so bad,but the state has been supported by the dairy farm greatly.

As to the state name,the place where the water gathers,when looking at a geographical features of ups and downs on account of an erosion by a glacier and Michigan Lake,Superior Lake,Green Bay,Mississippi River,and Wisconsin River,we can understand the meaning of the nickname.

One more skill from which the immigrants brought there is a beer brewery. It was done by German immigrants in the latter in the 19th century,Milwaukee in the shore of Michigan Lake produce beers which is familiar wtith us the Japanese as an eminent city where the beer is produced.

There is a trace of residence on the human kind led their life in the place at the end of the ice age.

When the first French arrived there,it is said that the Native…

No.180 18/10/25 05:41
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of dairy farm which led the whole American with the political reform》

When the French arrived there,it is said the Native Indians who the French encountered for the first time did an elementary agriculture,hunting,and fishing then.

After the French and the English contended against the territory,part of the northern west territory whicm means surrounded by the Great Lakes,Ohio River,and Mississippi was approved as the 30th state officially in 1848.

Then a led mine was discovered in 1820s,the white whose nickname were badger rushed to flow in the place. In 1832,Black Hawk War broke out in a wide area from from Illinois to Wisconsin,the white slaughtered the Native Indians near La Crosse along the Mississippi River.

Then the resistance against the white from the Native Indians in Wisconsin was almost over,and a way that Wisconsin became the state was open.

The white accounts for 92.2% of the population in the state,the black 5.0 %,and the Native…

No.181 18/10/26 00:13
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of diary farm which led the whole America with political reform》

…and the Native Indians are 0.8%.

As to the ancestry,German is about 40%,and overwhelmingly. They are the one who have rendered distinguished service for development of diary farm and industry of beer. Next one to the German is Northern Europe and England.

キッコーマン advanced there in 1973,and shipped soy sauce each place in America. The company is blessed with water and soy beans and is greatly successful.

If trying to talk about the politics in the state,we have to mention Robert La Follette whose nickname is fighting Bob.

La Follete who served as governor in the state from 1901 to 1906 came out a plan on Wisconsin one after another and led the time of republic and progressive.

For example,he introduced direct preliminary election,and established the system that the member of the political party select a candidate from the political party,and regulated lobbying,founded the system …

No.182 18/10/26 03:42
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《The kingdom of dairy farm which led the whole America with political reform》

…he founded the system of public service,and a tax increase so as to build a railway.

It is Wisconsin which set up the congressional research service for the first time in America in order to help an active of legislation at a council of the state.

Other governors who succeeded to La Follete followed him,and decided to introduction of regulation and publication on a political fund,a promotion to form an agricultural cooperative,setting up a district of forest conversation,and first income tax for the state in America.

No sooner had he become a Senator from the state than he cast an opposite vote that America joined the World War Ⅰ. The member of the council who opposed to join the World War I were no more than six,but the opposition was voted down with criticism in the council of the state and Wisconsin University from which he graduated.

He also opposed to join the League of…

No.183 18/10/27 20:46
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

He also opposed to join the League of Nations,for he had a strong posture of isolationism and made much of domestic policies.

After the World War Ⅱ,Joseph McCarthy Senator appeared as shocked movement which move backward against the progressive trend of the state.

He created a sensation of Red Purge in the Federal Government,and lost his position in 1954 because he received a resolution for criticism in the Upper House,but he damaged American history in which no one can remove easily after the Great War.

One of prominent people who were from the state is Spencer Tracy,who was born in Milwaukee and an actor in movie. He appeared in the movie of the Old Man and The Sea.

Orson Welles who was born in Kenosha around the lake of Michigan and an actor in movie and he was renounced in a movie of The Third Man.

Laura Wilder who is an author of Little House on the Prairie which is famous…

No.184 18/10/27 21:24
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

Laura Wilder who is an author of Little House on the Prairie which is famous for TV movie. She was born in Benin which is southern west end of the state.

An architect Frank Wright who was born in a little city of Richmond Center earned his own school expenses,and he designed the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo,and have had strong influence over the architectural world in Japan.

Clement Zablocki who was a member of the Lower House played an active part as a chairperson of a diplomat.

The day of attack on the Pearl Harbor,the Japanese one who tried to navigate underwater in the Harbor was stranded there,and became the first captive then.

He wrote his state in mind at asylum in his experience note like the next.

I felt an old myself who had been protected for 20 years was released,and a new myself who has a vivid sensation which was not able to be soiled like a child was created.

No.185 18/10/27 23:11
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wisconsin】

《Kingdom of dairy farms which led the whole America with political reforms》

He continued like the next.

The affirmation for my existence has been clear since then.

As to San Francisco he was on the way of being taken to the asylum,he said gigantic bristling buildings loomed over me as if they had been unearthly monsters.

He expressed a powerless feeling then.

【State of Wyoming】

《The place has no income tax,and holding American dream in the future》

The author started a transcontinental trip from Washington D.C. in the eastern area by train,and the train stopped at a little station in a desolate plain when the train passed around the half of the continent.

When looking at an indication,it says Laramie. He was in deep emotion that he stood in the center of a world on cowboy movie. He remembered a TV program,Laramie Ranch which was popular among them.

There was no home for the station,and and a station employee brought a stand for the feet,and the author…

No.186 18/10/28 05:05
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

《The place has no income tax,and holding American dream in the future.》

There was no platform of the station,and a station employee brought a stand for the feet and the author stepped down the stand and got down from the train directly on the gravel ground,and patting himself in the back,and did bending and stretching exercise.

American Rocky Mountain Range lies from the northern west to southern east in the state. The great prairie which spread eastward has a fittable condition for posturing,and the place has offered scenes for cowboy movies.

There are two towns in the southern east of the state. The one is Laramie,and the other is Fort Laramie.

Laramie which is at the bank of the Laramie River isn’t only a foothold for stock farming,but the town for a university,and the Wyoming University which has a four year university has a unique course of study on on a shepherd.

It was in the beginning of the 1980s when the author knew the information on the coures of …

No.187 18/10/28 05:33
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

《The place has no income tax,and holding American dream in the future》

It was in the beginning of the 1980s when the author knew on the unique course of subject. The motive for establishing it they’d teach the know how to be the shepherd for Hispanic Immigrants,for the ones who become the shepherd decreased less and less.

It was a topic which shows a new trend for the industry of stock farming. The author said he could conjure up pastoral image that students who read books while they watch the sheep in the shade.

Fort Laramie changed its parts according to the times. It was a supply base for the people who came from the eastern area and aimed at being California of gold rush,and trading place for fur,and a base for battle.

It's a trace of dreams for the settler in the western area,and a historical site for sightseeing at present.

The name of state capital Cheyenne is originated from Cheyenne Indian which they inhabited around the place. A festival for the…

No.188 18/10/28 06:01
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

《The place has no income tax,and is holding American dream in the future》

A festival for the frontier has been held June every year,and a magnificent show of rodeo is performed then.

Cheyenne is the biggest city in the state,but its population is no more than about fifty thousand,according to the national census in 1990,for in the time of frontier the people just passed through the place to the west,and there were few people who settled in there.

Its population density is extremely sparse,and the population is the least,and its population is less sparse next to Alaska.

It takes about one hour by car from Laramie to the next city,Cheyenne,and then we met no one often,said American Japanese ancestry like that.

There is one more expression which describes how spacious the place is. She said like the next.

The railroad of Union Pacific goes across the state,and I can see a long freight trains quietly far away in the distance of dozens of kilometers,and it …

No.189 18/10/28 19:23
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

《The place has no income tax and is holding American dreams in the future》

…and it looks as if it were a miniature train of a toy.

There is one more topic on the cowboy movies.

With background of fields and mountains in the Wyoming which sparead itself,a form of a man on the horse became smaller and smaller. A boy ran after him,and screamed at the top of his lungs. “Shane,come back!”,but it was just a song of a call which returned from far away in the mountain.

Needless to say,it’s an ending of Shane which is touching for the lots of movie fans and is immortal masterpiece on the cowboy movie,and the location of the movie was done in a stretch of Grand Teton National Park in the northern south of Wyoming.

It was around 1929 of panic when the beautiful place was appointed as national park.

In the ancient time,it seemed that the people who crossed the Bering Sea went south to this place,and the most ancient trace of human being lived was around B.C.11500.

No.190 18/10/28 19:52
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

It was the French from Canada who came to the place for the first time as European white ancestry in the middle of the 18th century.

Part of the Rocky Mountain by Louisiana Purchase in 1803,western part of the Rocky Mountain which is about half of the mountain by Oregon Agreement in 1846,and southern half of the mountain by the war with Mexico,they have belonged to America.

The place joined America formally as 44th state in 1890. The state name is originated from words of Native Indian,it means a big field.

One of nicknames on the state is the one for cowboys. It seems to be a Mecca for rough people,but unexpectedly woman’s Lib was born there.

Its local council permitted woman suffrage 婦人参政権 for the first time in 1869 before it joined America formally. A woman whose name was Nelly Tayloe Ross served as governor from 1925 to 1927,and she was born in Missouri.

Equal rights is the motto…

No.191 18/10/28 20:17
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

Equal rights is the motto for the state,and its nickname is also the same. Why have they respected for women so much?

Some people say it was fruit of much labor so as to keep the women there,though it was unclear whether it’s true or not,but I find it interesting,said the author like that. It is said a woman sheriff isn’t unusual there.

There is still a thing which is the first in the whole America. It was the devil tower,and was appointed to National monument for the first time in America in 1906.

It’s a tower made of stone but its heigh is no less than 250 meters. It seems to be a kind of work of art by volcanic activity.

The native Indians sometimes feared the tower,but it was objection for their prayer in other times.

By the way there is lots of space,and my keyboard sometimes moved automatically,and to my sorrow,I can’t stop it. What should I do?

No.192 18/10/29 23:03
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

《The place has no income tax and is holding American dreams in the future.》

A historian in Wyoming University said on the place where there are rare scenes,fresh air, abundant space,and there are full of carefree lives like the next.“The place maintains American image in the future as a sense.”

There is Francis Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne,and author said the facilities made him feel it was out of place in the state. There are silos for strategic nuclear missiles each place in wilderness,and launch pads for the missiles could have been dozens meters under the ground.

There is a solemn warning of indication in red letters,“An intruder will be shot to death!”

There is plenty of energy resource fairly,so there is one of big coal mine shafts there,and there are plenty of productions on crude oil and natural gas. As to the tax,it is said it’s in the lowest class in the whole America because there is no income tax there.

Americans of Asian ancestry and other…

No.193 18/10/30 00:39
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【State of Wyoming】

Americans of Asian ancestries and other Americans whose ancestries are the people who lived along the Pacific Ocean account for no more than 0.6% of population in Wyoming,according to the national census in 1990. It’s just 2806 people.

The ones who are a lot remarkably are Japanese ancestry whose number was 583,and Chinese ancestry whose number was 554.

The labor who were Japanese ancestry and Chinese ancestry were into the construction on the transcontinental railway,and it seems that their descendants remain in Wyoming.

By the way,it seems the content of the subtitle is different from what the author said,for I’ve expressed the subtitle in English before reading the chapter on Wyoming. Language is hard to express,and I’m sorry for it.

【Washington D.C.】

《The poor have increase more and more in the city of park where there are abundant green.》

I’ve expressed 50 states in America,but…

No.194 18/10/30 21:00
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

《The poor have increased more and more in the city of park where there are abundant green》

I’ve expressed on 50 states in America until now,but I’ve never done on Washington D.C.yet.

As to American capital which is Washington D.C.,Washington,or District of Washington,foundation of New Columbia was decided by a local referendum in 1982,but the federal Govenment didn’t permit it,and even now it’s not a state but is under control of the federation.

Rights to vote for residents have been denied for a long time,and it has been put in strange position extremely as the capital for a democratic country. Translating the district into Japanese,特別区 is an appropriate free translation,the author said like that.

It was in 1961 when the resident started to join a Presidental Election,and none of members in the Lower House have rights to vote.

The author used to go to work from Mary Land to Washington D.C.about five years.

No.195 18/10/30 21:28
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

《The poor have increased more and more in the city of park where there is abundant green》

If comparing the place with Tokyo,it is hotter in summer and it is colder in winter. Spring and autumn which are by far more comfortable than Tokyo is short,the author said like that.

When expressing a structure of society of city on Washington D.C.we can say the way that the west is the north,and the east is the south. What does it mean?

When divided the capital into two from around the place of the White House,there are the whites and houses of the class on the rich in the west area,on the other hand,there are the blacks and the residences of the class on the poor in the east.

In a gap between North and South,the south is equal to the eastern area,and the north is the western area.

There used to be plenty of population of the black originally there. America issued the Declaration of Independence in 1776,and General of George Washington was elected as the first President

No.196 18/10/30 22:31
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

《The poor have increased more and more in the city of park where there is abundant green》

Then neither place of the capital nor the office of the President were decided for a while,Washington who served as President two terms done the first inauguration ceremony in New York in 1789,and done the second one in Philadelphia in 1793.

The northern area and the southern one which were severely damaged by the war were opposed each other. There was an wrangling over the expense which they shared on the war for independence,and it was influenced over the problem for the capital.

At last the southern area decided the capital was the place around the Potomac River,and it shared fairly the expense for its desire,and when a new capital was constructed,the old capital in New York was put in Philadelphia for ten years temporally.and it was settled then.

It was 1800 when the capital was moved so it was after 24 years from the Declaration of Independence,and District of…

No.197 18/10/30 22:57
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

…and District of Columbia is originated from Christopher Columbus who arrived at the American Continental from Europe for the first time,and the city name Washington is related to the first President.

Being close to the southern area is lots of the black. It’s not surprising. Urbanization made progress,and racial disputes occurred frequently,an inflow of the black became extreme,and they got into around the assembly hall for the federation where the streets are lined with neat rows of stores and houses for the rich white.

As the white ran away to suburbs,the black stayed there for a long time,the world of the poor south has been born then.

The amount of the population in Washington D.C. was about six hundred thousand,in 1990,and the ratio between the white and the black is 29% and 65%,the black was overwhelming.

Average on annual income a person is about $ thirty thousand…

No.198 18/10/30 23:23
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

…and when comparing the average on the annual income a person in the Washington D.C.with other 50 states in the whole America,Washington D.C. is pretty high,for it shows that the few white are extremely rich and plenty of the black are extremely poor.

Hispanic ancestry,and Asian ancestry,especially Vietnamese ancestry have increased there recently,an expansion of the poor population is filled with dissipated atmosphere.

While the population in daytime becomes more than two million,the greater part of the them returns to suburbs at night,and the population decreases to the one of permanent residents then.

Plenty of residents who request for saving the weak hope something useful for liberal welfare policy for the Democratic Party.

A great amount of votes were cast into the candidate from the Democratic Party who joined the Presidential Election for the first time since 1964…

No.199 18/10/30 23:51
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

…and in the Presidenta election in 1996,the percentage on the number of votes obtained on Clinton was no less than 85%. It was extraordinarily higher than any other state.

The capital was established on the land which was offered by Mary Land and Virginia at first. There was the Potomac River in the middle of the capital,but on the side of the river in Virginia was returned,and the capital becomes the present situation.

Its scale of area is almost equal to the inside of the Yamanote Line. Including the place where Mary Land is next to Virginia,the metropolitan area on Washington is formed. It’s the city of park where there are lawns where there are abundant green.and squirrels are running among trees.

The city of park was designed by French technical expert,and the roads resembles the squares of a go board. Numbers are in the lines which run north and south,and the roads…

No.200 18/10/31 00:26
燻し銀三 ( 50代 ♂ Oe38xe )

【Washington D.C.】

…and alphabets are in the roads which run east and west. The 13 state names which formed America for the first time in the other roads which run diagonally in the city of park. For example,Massachusetts street in which both sides there are embassies each country,and Pennysilvania Street which runs between the White House and the State of Guesthouse of Blair House.

Except facilities like the White House,the assembly hall of federation,FBI,and Washington Monument,each of museum in Smithsonian is a must building.

Watergate building which faces the Potomac River used to be the stage for the Watergate affair which forced the former Nixon President to risign his post.

It’s a political city which is filled with diplomats and journalists,but there are also wonderful art museums there.

National gallery of arts which collected masterpieces in the world by assistance of Andrew Mellon…

投稿順
新着順
主のみ
付箋

新しいレスの受付は終了しました

日記掲示板のスレ一覧

携帯日記を書いてみんなに公開しよう📓 ブログよりも簡単に今すぐ匿名の日記がかけます。

• レス新
  • 人気
  • スレ新
  • レス少
新しくスレを作成する